Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

@Sparky-J Thanks man.

---

Another painting I did a little while ago. The far arm is definitely not right and I didn't have time to fix up the hands so they don't look correct either. D: I'm fairly happy with how the head and torso came out though. I've been using SAI for these latest pieces and I think I need to fiddle around with some brushes to get something I like. The normal brush picks up too much background color for me, feels more like a blend tool than a brush at times. XD

Some random doodles I've done recently. I tried using IllustStudio for the first one which is quite a bit different from Photoshop. It's kind of fun to use and I love the rulers they have. Makes doing perspective rather simple. The second one was done in photoshop. Didn't spend a lot of time on them aside from cleaning up some lines in the second one. Didn't really pay attention to anatomy issues.

nice lines on the second picture..
    on the first one, i actually use illuststudio as well right now
    you should experiment more on the brush setting more, it's actually hard to figure out at first... but if you have some questions, you could always ask me

@ramiel yeah I haven't really touched the brush settings much on Illuststudio. I'm not sure if I like it enough to bother really trying to figure everything out. I just like to try different programs every now and then. Each seems to have it's own "feel" to it.

-----
    Spent some time the past couple of nights on the group board. I must say it's much more fun drawing with people than alone.

Some more group board images. I'm actually fairly impressed with how some of these pictures are turning out. Who would have thought that you'd be able to create nice pieces while using just a browser.

Put the spoiler on this one as it's not entirely PG.
    SPOILER! :

And lastly, can you guess who this actor is?

Another painting... Realism go!

And in case you couldn't tell... it's my avatar now

Mel Gibson!!!!

Oh and what a wonderful Voldemort you have there, and it does look very good as an avatar too.

Yay! Someone got it right. Yep, it's Mel Gibson. Thanks for looking, Lucifer.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Wow, I haven't checked your thread in forever actually. And I gotta say, progress with leaps and bounds lol.
    I noticed right off the bat that last one was Gibson from...er....Braveheart?
    Also the painting beforeeee that, the girl you colored. That's also epic, one thing I didn't like was the shading on the face, it just seemed odd and unnatural for the way everything else was flowing.

As for Voldemort (I can speak his name cause I'm badass like that) it's really just excellent. I'd like to see more like that from you. From where I'm sitting, pretty much looks perfect, and I love the style. (did you use ref?)
    Anyways. Keep up the good stuff Nisaren!

@Gunz Thanks for looking through man. I'm glad you you recognized Mel since the more I look at it the less it looks like him to me lol. I'm not sure exactly which of my paintings of girls you're referring to... the one in post #140? And yes I did use reference for Voldemort, I'm actually enjoying realism more now that I've figured out a reasonable way to do it.

----
    Here's my latest... it didn't start out this way, just so all of you know. D: