Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Why did I never visit this thread before? *Adds to stalk list*

And as usual with coming in late, everyone else has said what critiques I ever could. I'm not a good critic. At all.

Haha, it's cool. I was pretty quiet before so most people just passed me over. I'm trying to be a little more active now. Thanks for taking a look though.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren
    @Gunzet .... I suppose I wasn't here a whole lot before so it's not surprising that people don't remember
    mmm.. what if I say that I remember you "Nissan"! ^_^
    Last edited by Yara; 01-30-2011 at 02:47 PM.

@Yara I suppose there are worse things I could be remembered as D:

----
    I worked quite a bit more on the last sketch I posted and then realized that I didn't like it. >< I'm trying to adopt a more painterly approach to my art. So here's a black and white value painting that I'm hoping will take it's place.

DaggerTribal Painting

I think I like this process a little more although it takes me a long time to get it to where I want it to be. But it feels more organic and free flowing... more artistic I guess. With the process I've been using the coloring feels too mechanical. At any rate, since it's still early in the process, I'd love to hear any C&C.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Looks pretty good so far, though some areas seem to have a lot of values and others not so much. I understand this is still in the sketch phases, though, so I won't say anything just yet.

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    it generates a really soft warm feeling when i look at it. Be careful with some values though like the one between the breasts is perhaps a bit too dark

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IllustrateMe View Post
    it generates a really soft warm feeling when i look at it. Be careful with some values though like the one between the breasts is perhaps a bit too dark
    I believe the dark patch on her chest is a cross decal on her shirt.

I like it a lot so far Her face is really pretty.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Keep working on it! It looks very promising! :thumbs up:

So I finally finished another piece. It was a request for another person on DA. She wanted me to include her nurse character and her rice pet. So this is what I came up with. <.< C&C welcome. I was attempting to use a more painterly technique and going for a more semi-realistic approach. I think there may be some lighting issues, like with the hair, but tell me what you think.

In case you were wondering at all, I still plan on finishing that other nurse picture as value practice but I haven't gotten around to it.