Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

@apples13 Hmm... well she is supposed to be a "magical" girl. :X To which symbol are you referring?

@CypressDahlia I didn't even think about that, lol. Maybe she's a hardcore gamer in her "real" life cause gamer girls are hawt.

Note: Any similarities between the picture and anything else is entirely coincidental. (Well aside from the cross, obviously that refers to JC)

magic the gathering lol i must have posted it before i finished typing lol

as always great black and white....urm...and gray art! Only thing that bugs me is that somehow....good lord this is going to sound weird.....is that the legs and the whole body anatomy look so real and it makes me think its a realism-fantasy kinda pic but then i see the manga face and im confused! Still great work Nisaren!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

bro bro cool shoes :Y
    o: so uhm, her hand isss a litttttle oddd ,
    in that there's no definition between
    hey palm and finger,
    and I think, in that position a bit more of the rest of her hand
    should be seen... c:
    but yeah bro , cool shoes *u*

@apples13 Yeah, I kind of thought that's what you were saying. :X

@Gedeon Thanks for looking and taking the time to critique. It is kind of a difficult thing trying to mix realism and manga to make a kind of semi-realism. I think it's also the kind of lighting that I was able to do from reference for the legs compared to the face where I had no good reference (since people with manga facial proportions don't exist). I'm fleshing out the nose a little more to make the face look more realistic. Hopefully the difference won't be as jarring a difference when I'm done.

@erikamae Heya, thanks for commenting. ^^ I'm glad you like the shoes. I'll take a closer look at the hand as I go over everything in color. I didn't do much with it because I had originally planned on giving her some kind of gauntlet but changed my mind.

----
    Here's the current progress of the piece in color. I just laid down some basic colors for the majority of the painting. Aside from that, I did some work on the face and neck, mainly correcting the colors and working on the nose a bit.

Amazing. I love the choice of colors. And the line-work in the clothing is perfect.

If I were to suggest anything, it would be to add some contrast to the face. Everything has distinct shadows except the face. But then again, shadows tend to make people look more sinister, which maybe you don't want. Of course, it's your choice and it would look great either with more contrast or left alone. Just something to consider, but overall...fantastic piece.

Yeah, it's coming out really nicely!!

beautiful work ^^

man i gotta study how to use water to make a color like that >.<..

@Agro Thanks for looking and critiquing. I agree, there needs to be more contrast in the face to make it consistent with the rest of the shading. I added quite a bit in my update below. Oddly enough though, I didn't use any linework for this piece. It was all painting the major shapes and then refining, refining, refining....

@Saphira Thanks! I'm glad you like.

@weez Thank you!

@ramiel I don't know how to use water to make these colors either, I just have to rely on Photoshop to help me.

----
    Here's the update. I added higher contrast shadows to the face and changed the eyes, defined the necklace's chain and refined the cross pendant, did a small amount of work on the shirt (added button holes), worked on the left (our right) arm and hand, and changed the belt a bit.