Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

@LK Believe me, if I had the money I would have a new computer in a heartbeat. But unfortunately, I have to make do with this for now. I like my tablet for the most part. It was a huge upgrade from my last tablet which was around 10 years old or so (I like ancient artifacts D: ). I decided to stick with the small size for now because I like the portability and I'm fairly used to it. Obviously, I'd love to have a Cintiq but that's quite a ways down the road. Right now I'm just shooting for a nice new monitor, hopefully a 24" one and preferably one that I can hook my PS3 up to as well.

You're probably right about the girl in the red coat. These are still pretty quick sketches even if they are colored in. So I'm sure there are many anatomical problems. And thank you for the compliment, I'm still not completely comfortable with hands, but I feel like I'm getting there. The last picture was another quick sketch that I decided to put values on. I'm kind of thinking about cleaning it up and using it for my SaiMoe entry next time around.

@Matt Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like it.

----
    I haven't been doing my daily sketches like I had been for a bit. Mostly because I had to go home last weekend and will have to do the same this weekend. So I decided to try to get a couple more requests done. I've been having a heck of a time trying to get this one request done. It's supposed to be a picture of two OCs with a (very) mild yaoi theme. This is the third sketch that I came up with.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by nisaren; 04-16-2011 at 09:27 AM.

YAAAAY PS3 for the win!!! Plz don't go AWOL on me all of you Xbox fans. Also I feel your pain nisaren....i have a 11 year old mini mini size tablet that has a broken pen....^-^; but im managing somehow!! And har har i have a TV in the room thats hooked up with my Pc and PS3...... im mean...
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Gedeon Yeah, it's amazing what we can make do with, eh?

-----
    So I finished the sketch that I posted before. While there are some parts that I'm not entirely happy with, I'm actually fairly pleased with my time management on this piece. I'm slowly getting quicker (oxymoron?).

And yes, I was too lazy to actually do a background. D:
    Last edited by nisaren; 04-19-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Changed image so it fits

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It looks really p. good. All I can say is that those chin piercings seem to make the mouths look weird. Since the lips are pretty unpronounced I'm looking at the piercings first, and looking for the lips later. You should try and either make the piercings smaller, or make the lips fuller. coloring and everything else is great.
    Maybe you could do some soft shading for the bg, like they're in a white room. And then do some added contrast where their bodies meet the ground.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Ooooo, nice job! Again, your colouring wins me over everytime. Just a few small things on the expression. If want to put a bit of a yaoi, might I suggest the eye lids lowered a bit (like the smouldering zexy kind of gaze) and put a little blush on the face. Yeah, I think that would make the pick look...cosy. XD

@Gunzet Hmm... I'll have to see about making the chin piercings smaller then, I don't think I want to mess with the lips a whole lot as I was fairly happy with how they turned out. I'm not entirely sure how I could pull off the white room bg, they're supposed to be lying on their backs looking towards eachother. I suppose I could put some shadow behind them to indicate that, but I don't know how I could indicate a white room.

@LK Thanks for the suggestions. I could probably make a few quick adjustments to make the picture a little... cosier.

I already made a few adjustments when the requester notified me that I had gotten the hair and eye color wrong on one of the OCs. OTL

So here's the new picture. It's a larger version since the one I put above seems rather pixelated at parts. D:

Here's another request that I just finished. Since I have both, I'll post the line art and the finished colored version.

Lineart

Color

Umm, it might just be me because no one else posted but what's with his right (our left) leg? Just above his ankle...looks kinda weird. The sudden tapering looks as if it's deformed.

Nice work! Is this a young Akuma? Also in addition to Saphira's critique there seem be some issues with his legs in general. His thighs are disproportionately long while his his shins are disproportionately short, like his knees have been lowered. Might be kinda hard to preform the Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku with legs like that.

@Saphira Thanks for looking and critiquing. I decided to give him some leg muscles but I may have over done it considering how thin the rest of him is.

@Sparky-J Actually this was a request to have an original character dressed up as Akuma. I forgot to put that down. >< I can see how the legs look that way. It seemed fine to me before I drew the clothes on him. So I suppose I should pay more attention to how things fold around the knee area.