Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Oooh nice reminds me of Alice......but with white hair. Well nothing wrong...........i wait the day i can look one of my drawings and say that O_O
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Gedeon Lol, thanks. I need to upload the latest version that where I colored more.

---
    A new piece I began this past week as a present. I tried to use a more interesting top down perspective. I know there are some errors, but I haven't gotten around to fixing everything yet. C&C appreciated.

Here's an update of the piece above. Still a lot to be done.

Looks awesome. The shading on her dress is just out of this world @.@ Can't wait to see it finished!

My only beef with this picture is that the (our) right side of the seat of the throne looks shorter than the left :/
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Well id say just make it clear that the upper ft is the left one, it confused me a little, or don't

but i think that you should
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

How often are you practicing?? maybe its just me, but it seems like you are improving super fast o_O. that throne is amazing. I do have to say that some of her body and also the circle base that the chair is on, is out of perspective. The throne is in a birds eye view perpective, but the picture is tilted to the right. try and picture a line that runs down the middle of the throne, from it top to its bottom. If the throne is sitting on flat ground, that base circle should be symmetrical on both sides of the line you pictured. >-o i know that sounds confusing, i may red line later. you are amazing though.

@Gedeon Duly noted. I haven't even touched her feet since I first blocked them in, I'll see what I can do after I figure out this perspective thing.

@SuperKasey Thanks! I agree the chair is off. The perspective that I'm using a little skewed so it does make things look a little odd. I was trying to make the picture more interesting with a dynamic camera angle.

@NWAP Thanks for the compliments. I don't know that I've improved so much as just had a major upgrade in equipment and found a process that I enjoy and works well for me. As I mentioned above, the perspective is a bit skewed on purpose, not saying that there aren't mistakes but some of the distortion is intended. The dais on which the throne is sitting does need to be fixed but I was more worried about the main subject of the picture. Thanks for looking and commenting I appreciate it.

-----
    A slight update. I attempted to correct the throne's perspective as much as I could tell. I don't expect it to be perfect but I'm hoping that it's at least reasonable close to how it should look.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Hey, that looks really good. That's a really difficult angle to tackle and I applaude you for going for it. The chair looks real good from the bottom and since it's not really finished, I assume you're gonna put more detailing into the top bit of the chair.

Now for the little lady, I like the haughty expression on her, at some point she looks almost domineering. The lotus wand is done well and the folds are real smooth and gives a sense of silky/satin fabric.

Now for the shoes, I'm not too sure at this angle would her heels be seen at all. For her heels to be seen then her leg or feet has to bend in an ucomfortable fashion which I'm gonna assume she's not doing. Did you use any reference for this pose? Perhaps try taking a look at a real high heel shoe (i'm not saying you should keep a few in a your closet, that might raise some questions) at different angles or ask a lady friend to pose.

If not, there's always the wonderful internet to help you out. Cheers!

PS: Good to hear that you finally got some decent equipment! Hooray! I haven't got mine yet but am saving and planning away. Thinking of getting it next year.

@LK Thanks for looking and critiquing. I changed the foot since it seemed to be throwing quite a few people off. Hopefully it looks better now. And yes new equipment has made a huge difference for me. I got a new monitor and a really nice laptop that handles Photoshop sooo much better than my relic of a desktop. I think the new monitor was the biggest improvement though. It feels like I finally remembered to put my glasses on after trying to draw without for years.

----
    So I believe the throne and girl are close to done value-wise. I plan on adding colors next.

just on this page alone, you have made this image near perfect. The only thing that I would improve on is the flower bud. It kinda fades into the background and looks flat due to lack of shadows. I wouldn`t force it but subliminal shadows will make it look as 3D as the rest of the image.

But I am loving the image all the way!