Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

I was talking about the foot......=w=........the hand is quite good....no problems there.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Oh yeah... big toes should be on the inside.
    Also... I like the coloring on that last pic and I like the highlights but the white lines on the pink look like slits in her skin O___o
    do white dots instead??? or blend them in a bit...
    OBJECTION!

Fenn
    blushes look a little unnaturally strong, otherwise nice work!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Wow, you've been chugging out some AMAZING realism, especially with the HP fan art. Veeery nice. I would suggest, however, that you take little sketch breaks for anatomy and whatnot, because you don't quite have a grasp on it without heavy reference. I'd like to see you develop your skills to the point where you're not so reliant on reference to create a technically solid piece.

Thanks guys for taking the time to look and comment.

I am finding it more difficult to do line art than painting - at least in a timely manner. But I guess this is par for the course as many concept artists mention that it's quicker to paint than to do lines. You can hide or hint at details in paintings while you have to fully realize everything with line art.

I normally don't do blush effects outside of the face, so this was kind of an experiment. It fell a bit short, but as long I learn from it right? The realism pieces I've been putting out are in fact mostly studies. They're mainly value studies and painting practice, but they also help with anatomical proportions. And I think they are helping my anatomical proportions immensely. I don't know if I'll ever be able to create a technically solid piece without reference. But I keep trying anyhow.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    It fell a bit short, but as long I learn from it right?
    Exactly! Like me and making Chatterbox topics.

Shoot to improve next time you use 'em!

I agree with seefy about the sketch breaks.

The bikini girl drawing is cool though, I quite like the soft coloring. as for the blush, I think you should have tapered the ends of the highlights a bit more and made the other side a bit thicker
    doodle of what I mean, because I don't know if I wrote that well lol:

I also really like the harry potter painting Were you their on the opening night of the last movie? I swear, the audience was probably the coolest audience I've witnessed lol.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I know you also study anatomy with the realism painting, but I really think that the sketching would be a better investment of your time. Because it's very evident that you have shading down very well. It would be faster just to practice anatomy in quick sketches instead of making completed paintings, "practicing" things you already know.

I agree with celestial-fox! OF course you choose what to draw(and i beg you do it mostly for fun(a friend gone bad)) Still as she said, you pretty much nailed shading and coloring of the the next chapter! The line art odyssey!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

So I've been attempting quick sketches. I just have a tough time making them quick. D: Maybe it's because I'm sketching in photoshop rather than pencil and paper. At any rate, here's what I've done so far. I put it beneath a spoiler as there's some nudity.

SPOILER! :

The bottom two were done before the top two as more of a warm up. I'm fairly happy with the top left picture. Still these weren't exactly "quick" sketches.