Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

Woww I like the detail you put into the folds of her clothing, and her hair! Did you use a texture pack to make that watercolor effect? Not much to add here 'xept that I've never seen that floor design in hospitals before... but I guess I've never seen nurses with red stockings and long-sleeved undershirts either haha...

I recognize that pose btw =3

Thanks, I really tried to pay extra attention to the clothes and how they draped. I did most everything in SAI except for the textures behind the note which were indeed a couple textured brushes. I can't remember the exact packet, it was a few of the many I downloaded that had an open use license on them.

Yeah... I think the flooring was more of a spur of the moment thing... well the entire background was relatively spontaneous. I was more interested in creating a nice painted effect on the subjects. I don't know any nurses either with that kind of get up... but it was the requester's OC so I tried to remain faithful to her costume design.

Yes, you got me, I use posemaniacs for the pose. I've been slacking on my drawing of late (damn you Eve Online D:!).

Here's another piece that I just finished. C&C, as always, is welcome.

Last edited by nisaren; 03-08-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Digging the manga style. And the simple way you highlighted stuff, works very nice with it. There's nothing much I can crit on besides how the right leg looks a bit odd near the bottom. Sort of like there's a slight bump, but that might be a knee.
    I'd give her more of a nose line, but that's just my taste. And it also might just be me, but the eyes seem pretty far apart.
    Other than that, great workz.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    U-waaaah. How have I never seen this thread before?! You're so good, OTL. Your coloring is to die for, so vibrant and all. On this last one, though, i'd watch out for the eyes. You have a bit of a tendency to make eyes too small and far apt too look comfortable, if that makes any sense. DX

@Gun: I guess I did break the "only one eye-width apart" rule. Hmm, I probably could go back and fix it with out too terribly much effort. I was going for more a moe look so I deliberately made it a small nose, but I would like to shift to doing more semi-realistic. The bump on the leg was more of a me being lazy than something deliberate.

@C-F: Thank you! It's easy to skip over threads that don't get updated a whole lot. :X Thanks for looking and I agree, I tend to space my eyes further apart. XD It's something I'm still working on.

Thank you both for looking and critiquing

-----
    Here's the updated version:

still didn't fix the leg bump orz
    Last edited by nisaren; 03-09-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Nice work nisaran! I'm also digging the vibrant colors. One thing: I think the eye that's on the shaded end should also be shaded. Right now, it's got the same coloring as the eye that isn't shaded. Maybe you can darken the whites of the eyes a bit?

hey! c: nice work on colouriiing~
    I especially like how you did her uniform c: very nice~
    Hmm, although, D: something a tad bit off with her bow... maybe it's lacking some value/shadows? D: liiiike, where her hair is on top of it... I think that would cast a shadow ;}
    good job though c:

Ah! Both of you are correct. I should have taken that into consideration. I wasn't even really paying attention to shadows on the bow or over the right (her left) eye. I have thought for a while that the bow looks a little flatter than the rest of the drawing but I got a little complacent. I'll see what I can do.

Here's another request that I'm almost done with. I wanted to get a few crits before I posted it up.

GabbyTronRulez Sketch 2

It's a fairly big picture so if you would like to see more of the details click on the pic and you'll hopefully be able to see a higher res version.