Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Oh whoa, That's really great! I love all the detail in at the bottom especially! How long did this piece take you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Well now that is pretty damn awesome. Love the sharpness of your edges on the mountains and things, oh and the color. This may just be me, but I'd really like if you kept that local reflection from the last wip on the wall. That bouncing sharp green just looked awesome to me, and I still see it there, but it's kinda decreased.

If there's one thing that bothers me about it, it's the odd sense of scale.
    The little city down on the gassy area is so small compared to the massive buildings up above that it just throws me off. Even the stone walls of the city up on the upper-left are bigger than the city down below itself.

Though maybe it's a city for giants being compared to a human city?
    I don't know, it's just a personal thing I picked up.

It just seems for me like the perspective is going like this <
    And the scale is going like this V, but you did great job on making the huge things seem really huge, and the small things pretty damn small. Love the idea.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

EPICKOR

@JJJorgie Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm not entirely sure how long it took me because I kind of let it sit incomplete for about 2 weeks. If I had to put a number to it, I'd say it took me at least 15 hours to complete.

@Gunz Thanks, there is a bit of a perspective issue with the city in the bottom. I got kind of tired of trying to make it work. But I was going for the wall and the castles above to be just crazy massive. Like the first time you saw Star Wars and the ridiculous scale they have in those films. The wall itself I feel kind of meh about, I wish I could have thought up something cooler but I was kind of inspired by the Wall in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books. I think that having something to tie the foreground, mid-ground and background together would have helped provide a better sense of scale. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

@Sylux

Pretty much agree with what Gunz said; Alrough I'll add that you probably could have created more of a contrast between the two building types by giving the small village a more rustic or even hut-like architectural style...

Over all, I really love this image, through, anyway. The effort put into the farms is great stuff. :3

@Regantor Thanks for visiting my thread and commenting. I agree that the village needs a lot more love. If I get around to revisiting the piece in the future, I'll probably work quite a bit on that area. Thanks again.

-----
    So I've been working on a new piece. I still have quite a bit more to add to this one. I would greatly appreciate feedback as there are a couple elements that I added in that I'm not sure about.

This looks really great Nisaren loving the details and such ^_^ I think I find the opening of the cave to be distracting for the eye, I assume that the focal point is the lizards face and what I find is due to the fact that it is nearly as dark as the surrounding cave is that I my eyes are more attracted to the contrasting light of the opening. I think you should maybe find a way to lighten up the face a bit more? I'm not completely sure, this is more Rubisko's area of expertise ^^' also that foreground mushroom to the left is a bit distracting as well, probably due to contrasting light again.

Really like the two buildings to the right, really nicely done your paintings are too gewd :O

Wow. Been a while since I saw an environment painter on here. I adore your work, you are very talented. I think my favorite part about the newest piece is the purple mushrooms. They are adorable. The flying iguana is a strange concept to me but it is well rendered none the less. I think others have commented on this but I definitely think the blue at the mouth of the cave is odd. I'm not quite sure why (I think you are more skilled in backgrounds than I am) but it seems like that color wouldn't typically be the kind you'd see in that area. It would usually be lighter or you'd see hazy details from the outside.

Looking forward to more!

@Demonfyre Thanks for looking and your suggestions. I agree that the big mushroom at the bottom left is rather distracting. I still have a lot more to do before this is finished.

@Darkmousysminion Thanks so much for looking in on my thread and commenting. As far as flying iguanas go... it's supposed to be a dragon. I liked the way the reptile looked so I decided to use it as my model. I think the cave mouth will be less distracting as I work on it more.

-----

I wasn't planning on putting up another WIP picture. But I hate just replying without something to show for it. So here's another picture with my current progress. As always C&C welcome!

Lots to do still.

So much awesome!