Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

So I've been working on and off on this one-shot manga that I wrote last year. While it's still no where near complete, I do have clean lines done for the cover. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Wow, it's looks amazing! I'd suggest adding some weight to make each character stand out better.

That does look really good also with what JJ said, you could also add a slight outline only a litle bit thicker than the line thickness you used over each individual in the picture, that should help to tell them apart from each other and make them stand out

@JJorgie Thank you for the suggestion. I'm planning on coloring it so we'll see how things are after the colors are down.

@Demonfyre I'll see about it after I put down some colors. But I definitely see both of your points.

-------
    Here's a sidetrack. About 2 months or so ago, I agreed to provide an art request as part of a contest prize on deviantart. I finally received the request yesterday and here's my ideas so far. I'm kind of leaning towards the bottom one right now.

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Put them in sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Loving the way you made the armour shine and you drew the characters very well as always I think I would agree with you on choosing the bottom one, it just looks more interesting with the characters sort of interacting, but that's my opinion anyway

@AlmanacnamedTime Eh? These are just poses I'm exploring to make a single painting - not a comic strip or anything.

@Demonfyre Thanks, for the comments. I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, it is the most dynamic of the poses. I sent the prize winner a message asking them to pick which they wanted. We'll see what they come back with.

You're welcome, sorry I couldn't be more help :/ It will be interesting to see which one they pick :3

So we ended up going with the bottom one after all. Here's the current progress of the painting. I think it's coming along pretty nicely.

Edit: Figured I'd just add an update to this post rather than double posting.

Last edited by nisaren; 09-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Looking awesome Nis glad they chose the bottom one, like demon said it has a much better story behind it and looks like they're interacting more. Can't really comment much as a. it's awesome and b. i suck at paintings/landscapes :P but my only suggestion would be to try and either bring the characters forwards more / push the tree behind them a bit further back with values, coz from the structure of the tree you can tell it's tree size, rather than a plant, but coz it looks very close to them, comparing their sizes it looks much smaller than it should be