Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Hybrid View

Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

So it's been a while everyone. I'm not sure if any of you remember me or not. I kind of disappeared for the past few months during the whole forum changing thing. In the meantime, I've been working on my art pretty regularly and figured it would be worth posting some up here for some C&C.

Some of the work I'm posting is older just to give you a comparison reference. But be ready for a long post as I've had a bit of art piling up.

Old Stuff

Here's a couple of my better pieces that I had posted a long time ago on the other forum. You may have seen them already.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Yeah I know these last two weren't really anime/manga. I was on a realism kick for a bit.

At any rate on to the new stuff.

New Stuff (1/6/10

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

This image began my pursuit of a more "moe" style to my art.
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

I apologize for the large pictures. There was no good middle sized image for some of them. At any rate, if you would like to see the pieces that I haven't posted I have them on my deviant art page. Any thoughts and comments on my newer pieces would be greatly appreciated. I definitely feel that I've come a long way in just the past several months and I don't want to find myself plateauing or becoming too satisfied with my progress.
    Last edited by nisaren; 04-07-2014 at 08:38 AM.

I really love the second one up from the bottom because of the background and the perspective. However, I think that she would relate a little more to the background with green eyes or something that ties in with the bright and colorful theme, since she is covered in dark and cool colors. Also, the legs should be a shorter below the knee and taper down because of the perspective. I would have also placed the butterfly more at eye level so that it really looks like she's studying it cutely. I like your colors a lot and I really think you did an amazing job on the background.

@Sunny Thanks. The perspective on that piece was a bit tough for me, I will say. It was supposed to be that our view point is level with her midsection but I don't think I got that across well enough. I see what you mean though, the perspective of the leg doesn't quite match up with the pillar's.

The character probably would be much cuter with green eyes. Unfortunately, I was a little restricted as it was another person's OC and I was drawing it for her as a request.

@alxsmpgmr Thanks! *^^*
    Last edited by nisaren; 01-07-2011 at 11:57 PM.

New piece 1-11-10

Here's my latest piece, which was a request from someone on DA, comments and crits are appreciated.

WOW! those all look great! i wish i could do anything to that quality XD

That looks very nice!

trippy..... i like it

Another piece that I finished this morning. It was just a quick study in trying to do a monochromatic painting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm continually trying to work faster and finish pieces quicker. Ideally, I think I'd like to be able to finish a piece in 2-3 hours. This piece probably took me around 2 hours itself.

I really love your style. I remember back when you were a young artist. @_@ Nice improvement man.

@violin and alxsmpgmr: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Sorry I didn't respond quicker.

@jaidurn: Haha, thanks. I hope I can look back a year from now and have people say the same thing.