Thread: aragorl's drawings

aragorl's drawings

Yo, everybody

I have now been drawing for some time. I was hoping to find some opinions on my drawings here. This way can i know where i need to improve the most.

This is a random character i have created also about a month ago. I have give her a name: sophie

sophie vanijk.jpg

Lucy from fairy tail. This is a drawing a made 2 weeks ago

lucy heartfilla.jpg

EDIT: Something more recent. I tried to redraw sophie from this time from sideview

Sofie sideview.jpg
    Last edited by aragorl; 05-14-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Yo, do you use guidelines for your work? The proportions feel off. On the first pic, she seems to have have very large shoulders. This is not a very feminine trait. Shoulders should'nt be larger than the waist. Her left knee looks broken and the overall shape of her limbs and arms looks wrong. Hiding hands is a bad habit, since you won't learn how to draw em'. Hair looks nice, I like the curve of it. Her legs are really short... With her arms out of her back it would look kinda weird. The eyes feel sort of lifeless and you forgot to add white. Right now there's skin in her eye. Second pic; the head is too big. It's an issue that often comes back with anime inspired art. Unless you're doing chibi art, it's bad to overdo it. In that case, it just does'nt work well. Head should be 1/3 of the shoulders area. For the hand you should've used your own hand as ref or guidelines, however it's a good start. For the third pic the head is definitly too big. The actual cranium looks huuuge. The torso is so straight...I guess it's possible since the tree is straight but it feels stiff. The pose feels stiff, needs more curve. the proportiond minus the head look much better this time.. However if she's reading a book she would be looking down. stock-photo-girl-sitting-under-the-tree-reading-a-book-horizontal-106498673.jpg That is one tiny book. Also the feets are wrong. And as said before the shape of your limbs feel off. You should study human muscle shape and anatomy. Reference is needed.

Other than that don't let it discourage you, keep drawing and make cool stuff! I like your art, it just needs some work I guess it's more about keeping to draw new, different stuff that'll help you, never stop drawing!
    Last edited by Tetsu Yawl; 06-07-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Yo, I haven't been on the forum for a while . I am going to try to get here a bit more frequent.
    Thanks to tetsu to help me, It resulted in a lot better drawning.
    sword practice .jpg

Very cute!! I just have a couple small critiques. First, I see that she is walking with one foot in front of the other, but the illusion is broken by the back foot actually being larger than the front foot. The lines forming the armpit area go too high. Try to add for shape to the arms (they're a little noodley compared to the rest). Lastly, the nose and mouth are a little low on the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

This time is is not a full drawing. I tried to draw a girl bending forward but I was having a lot of trouble with it. The second is a example of how I tried to draw a more difficult pose. Same method is used in the first drawing.

04011002.jpg 04011003.jpg

To practice poses,proportions and body shapes would it be the best to use a random pose generator or try to draw over from pictures?

edit: forgot to mention it earlier but thanks jjjorgie for the comment
    Last edited by aragorl; 08-13-2014 at 03:44 AM.