Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

xD No problem! I always look through your and everone's stuff. I just don't post much coz everyone else is far more experienced and better at it!

I'm not sure if it's just me, but his shirt looks kinda cement-ish, like a statue almost--except blue. If I was any good at coloring, I'd be able to tell you why it looks that way and how to fix it. But I can't. Sorry.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    Hmmm well all the stuff I noticed has already been said by saphira and sparky. Apart from that I really wish I can colour hair like you do. That's one of the things I constantly struggle with. Did you custom brush the bg? How do you usually decide on your colour scheme?

@saphira That's ok, I still appreciate your feedback.

@Matt Yes, you are correct. I think the edges of the folds are too sharp, they should be softer to allow for the texture and consistency of fabric. If I was anal, I'd probably go back and fix it.

@LK Thanks for the compliment. Hair is a pain to draw and color still for me, but I feel like I've been making headway. I think the more you force yourself to spend time on it, the better you'll get. I did custom brush the bg, it was a brush that I found on the internet that had no copyrights associated. Not sure where I got it anymore. D: As far as choosing a color scheme usually I try to pick something that will make the character stand out from everything else. Choosing a color's complement is usually good for that.

Here's my latest sketch for yet another request. C&C would be greatly appreciated as this pose is a little different from my usual fare.

pretty sweet. as far as C&C : the eyes appear to be a tad too far apart. The arm on the left (her Right arm) is a little too big to be in the background. Its the same size as her other hand which is in the fore-ground. Awesome hand anatomy!

@NWAP Thanks for looking and giving your input. I definitely see what you mean. I went back and corrected both her eyes and her hand among other things. Hopefully this updated version will look better.

So I made a few more line art changes and have started coloring. Here's the progress so far.

101 Dalmations Member Lady_Knife's Avatar
    On my lunch break right now so I'm gonna do a quick comment and maybe edit more later when I got time.

Looking at the light source, is it coming from her left side or behind? Cuz if left, then her left arm should cast a shadow, no? Something with the bunny ears doesn't seem right to me, shouldn't they be facing in the same direction? even if one is cocked to the side, there's should show a little underside?

Can pls show how her legs look like, position wise? It seems complicated and I'm wondering how the anatomy is like under her skirt. (okay, that somehow came out / sounds wrong.)

@LK I was using more of an ambient light source which has been kind of tricky as there's not a well defined direction to put shadows and highlights. I probably shouldn't have shaded her skirt as much as I did. You are probably right about the bunny ears. I'm not sure I'll be able to change them at this point as the piece is a lot further along. As far as the body positioning, it was kind of complex and the fact that the skirt is hiding her legs makes it seem a little odd. Her upper torso is twisting to the right (our left) while her hips and legs are facing us.

-----
    Here's the updated colored version. I finished coloring the subject but still need to go in and do a lot of touching up. Also included is a quick redline stick figure to show what's going where under that skirt for LK. <.<