Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Banned
    Work on her neck and try to make her face less flat, the dragon's pretty impressive

@Leannah Thanks for looking and commenting. I'm not entirely sure which piece you're referring to with your first comment though.

-----
    It's been a while soooo.... sketch dump time. XD

I know, kind of pathetic considering how long it's been since I last posted. D: Been working too much. I think it has sapped most of my creativity and motivation.

Nonsense. Everything still looks awesome as usual, especially that last one.

That last one alone is just . . . *saves* I love how the hair is done along with the Miles Edgeworth pose.

And the sketched girl up top is cute. Are those 4 the same character?
    Last edited by Matt; 09-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Not bad! I am noticing, though, that when you don't work with references, you tend to give every object a deep shadow. But in instances like hair, it doesn't always have one. Watch out for giving things too much depth, because then it messes up the forms of the objects. If you give deep shadows to each lock of hair, they start to look like dreadlocks rather than individual hairs that interact with each other. (This is well demonstrated in the girl with the blonde hair.)

But I do like that you're using more colors lately. I really like the pose on the second one, too.

Agreed with Fox...... a little less dark shades other then that pretty awesome. The lastguys looks like
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Matt They basically are the same girl, lol. Just an unnamed OC that I keep drawing for no good reason. Haha, I didn't even mean to draw the last one that way at first, it just kind of morphed into it as I played around. I'm glad you like it.

@CF Thanks for the comments. I'll have to keep that in mind.

@Gedeon Lol, I don't even know why he's so angry. :X

---

Well, another sketch I did on groupboard a little while ago.

Fairly happy with how it turned out. Some of the proportions may be off a little but meh.
    Last edited by nisaren; 09-17-2011 at 11:41 PM.

A wip that I started today. I've been really struggling with my process of late, everything just feels wrong. Anyone get that feeling? At any rate, without further ado.

I'm definitely planning on bringing this piece to a higher finish level than my usual pieces.

Iv started 3 drawings(painting practice) today and none of them are even half way finished......and everything is wrong and it would seem to be easier to just start over, but still there are some little features that i really liked and it stops me from moving on.........so yeah......i know exactly how you feel. On the newest pic.......the fave is a bit cartoonish and the fingers are too round. Still i presume its in its starting faze so it can't yet be judged!!! For some reason i find the bg really appealing.......did you use some textures or was it all your handy-work?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Gedeon thanks for looking and commenting. I'm still working on the piece, but it's kind of fallen by the wayside. I think I found the pose a bit boring. D: For the background, I just used some cloud brushes to create some texture.

----
    It's been a while since I've updated. I finally managed to get a new monitor for my computer. The difference between this monitor and my last is amazing, although I shudder at all my art now that I can see all the defects clearly.

I've been working on re-finding a fun process that I can use. I think I'm close to having one down. The past day or so I've enjoyed working on painting this piece.

Also I pimped a drawing by weez a week or so ago. Thought I may as well post that up here too.

Been working more on my latest piece. Just started to add color to the piece. Here's my progress so far for any interested.