Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    @Egoslip Thanks for looking. I believe you are correct, I should have made the elbow a little bit higher than I did. It wouldn't take long to fix it actually, but I don't know if I'll bother... so tired of looking at that piece. D:

@Gedeon Lol, I'm glad you noticed the tree. It's amazing what a decent texture can do to help a painting or background really pop out. I agree the shading does make her look older than she would under different lighting, however, that can happen. I think the only thing I would correct on her face at this time would be to tough up underneath her eyes a little bit. But meh, I'm tired of fiddling with this piece, lol.

-----
    So after spending a month on one piece (longest among of time I've ever spent on a piece), I decided to try to knock out some speed paintings using what I've learned over the past month or so. So I gave myself a time limit of 90 minutes to complete these(although I didn't actually time the first picture). At any rate, in order to keep my thread PG, I decided to censor the nude girl study. :X

They're obviously not finished. Since I am trying to constrain myself to a 90 minute time limit, anything that isn't done when the timer goes off is left as is. XD
    send me uncensored lol

those lizards look awesome

those backgrounds on the previous page are amazing, keep it up

@H_i_c Umm... I think I did those on my old computer. I don't have the originals anymore. :X

@Shadowsfade Thanks!

@Cloudy Thank you!

----------------------

I've decided to take a break from only painting things to practice my line work. Here's a piece I sketched yesterday and inked last night and this morning. I inked it using SAI's vector layer. I like using vector for certain things but for areas like the eyes and hands I feel like its a little too sterile.

Very clean! I don't think there should be that tiny gap between the legs just under the groin in that pose, as the legs are crossed over there shouldnt really be any gap. It also makes the very top of the leg look thinner than just below where it curves outwards. The rest of it is great!

That line art looks great and puts all of mine to shame :P excellent variations of the line weight no critiques unfortunately but that is some awesome work as always Nisaren

@Shadowsfade Thanks for looking and commenting. There's a few things that aren't quite done. I believe the line on the groin was actually supposed to be a seam but I forgot to include the other line. Thank you for pointing it out.

@Demonfyre Thank you! I didn't do as much as I should have with line weight, I can only deal with vector lines for so long. I don't know how Sparky does it...

------------
    So I finally decided to start roughing out my one shot comic. I wanted to post a rough layout picture for all to see. I know that there are consistency issues with how the girl looks. I'm not looking for critiques on anatomy... I am, however, looking for critiques on how understandable the story is on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    @Shadowsfade Thanks for looking and commenting. There's a few things that aren't quite done. I believe the line on the groin was actually supposed to be a seam but I forgot to include the other line. Thank you for pointing it out.

@Demonfyre Thank you! I didn't do as much as I should have with line weight, I can only deal with vector lines for so long. I don't know how Sparky does it...

------------
    So I finally decided to start roughing out my one shot comic. I wanted to post a rough layout picture for all to see. I know that there are consistency issues with how the girl looks. I'm not looking for critiques on anatomy... I am, however, looking for critiques on how understandable the story is on the page.

As a wise Shadowsfade taught me, sometimes less is more and yeah I have no idea how sparky can do it either :P

I just read the comic R > L to begin with :L oops lol, anyway it looks amazing and makes me want to read more which is a shame cause that is all there is anyway I did find something this time, the profile face on the last sector of the comic looks very flat, not in a shading way as in how the face is shaped (let me know if im not
    Making sense) Hope this helped

Actually there's a lot that doesn't make sense to me, but that's probably just because I don't know the context of the story. Like Demonfyre I had trouble finding the right reading direction, i started L>R but it was hard to follow, and then I tried L>R, but that was even harder. I don't know a lot about all the tips and tricks involved in comic page composition, but when I draw comics myself I try to use a crude rule of thumbs. I try to give every panel an entry point somewhere up high to the left of the panel, and then an exit down on the right corner, with the focal point of the artwork aligned slightly beside the center line of the panel, aligned on the line between the entry and the exit. Or even more generalized, every entry so close as possible to the previous exit, and every exit as close as possible to the following entry. So make sure to put speech bubbles and other visual interest points in a clear direction, or else you may break the readers immersion

I have to agree with Rubisko, I wasn't really sure what was going on, but again, it may be because it's out of context with the rest of the story. If it helps to be more specific on what bits I wasn't sure on (this is reading from left to right, not sure if that's how it's meant to):
    SPOILER! :
    the person in the first panel asks why it's so dark, but doesn't reappear, so no real idea who they are, and the girl looks quite shocked in that panel, without any real clue as to why (is it in reply to what the person said? did they not know the person was there so made them jump?). The middle bit is a little confusing as I'm not sure which way to read. After looking at it a bit more, my guess of what is going on, is she looks at this wierd looking door, goes through, then it bangs closed behind her? but again not 100% sure. The last panel is fine, because it's obvious it's leading up to the next few panels her bringing the tray to whoever was just speaking to her.

I think the consistency issues could be owing to her hair? in the first panel, most of the strands are scribbled in, so it's a kinda blackish colour, then in the next one it's just the outline, so her hair is whiter, and looks neater, then in the last one it's more grey with no lines in the hair at all.

The basics of what you have down look like it'll be really good, just once you sort out some of the confusion