Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAM THREAD 1 - NEW MT

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    I'm hungry and I have to cook something and I'm lazzy and I don't know if I have enough ingredients in my fridge...
    At times like this you should either a) go out or call out for fast food b) nuke a TV dinner or c) make something really really easy like sandwiches, eggs, or fried rice.

Yeah, I ate 3 eggs, a hoddog and 3 thin slices of bread. But an hour later I was still hungry so ate two more slices of bread toasted with creamcheese. And for desert I had one peace of cake left in my fridge and 3 tangerines. I'm not full but i'm not hungry anymore and I don't like fastfood - makes me feel bad and sick

Btw: How is fried rice easy? I usally cook alot but rice is the hardest think to cook for me.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Fried rice is super easy. Make the rice, prepare some meat and veggies, beat an egg or two. Heat some oil in a wok or large skillet. Put your rice in the skillet, shaping it into a big ol' pile with a dent in the middle. Dump the egg, meat, and veggies into the dent and mix it all together with your spatula. Keep mixing and tossing the whole mess until it's nice and hot and cooked, adding soy sauce and maybe some garlic while you're swooshing it around. It should be a nice yellow-brown color when it's done. Pile a bunch of it into a bowl and dig in. Ta-da! Fried rice.

2 much work man

This is what i do 1) Tell mom i'm hungry 2) wait 3) eat the food mom made Ta-da!

That's too lazy, and cooking is really fun. I might bake some cookies or something tomorrow, we have a whole bunch of chocolate chips in the cabinet that want my attention.

My mom is 5 000 miles away so that's not an option

pajamajam, that's way too much work for just some rice Or maybe it's not that much work but sounds like it would take much time. And I don't know what kind of rice to buy. Do you first boil the rice until it's completly done - if so do you wait so it cools down or you start to fry while it's still hot?

It takes about 10 minutes to cook, or maybe 30 minutes if you count prep time. If you use pre-cooked meat and frozen veggies it takes a little less. The rice should be completely cooked (make sure you rinse the rice before cooking, but you should do that whenever you cook rice), and it doesn't really matter whether it's hot or cold. Seriously, it's super easy and delicious and it's really hard to screw up.

Another easy thing to make with rice is loco moco. Just cook some rice and a hamburger patty, and fry an egg to your preference. Plop some rice on a plate, stick the hamburger patty on the rice, put some cheese on the patty, and put the egg on top of that. Add salt and pepper to taste. The hamburger and the egg together take about as much time to prepare as the rice, so you have a really filling meal in about 15 minutes.

I don't get why people are so afraid to cook. The stove will only bite you if you make it, I promise.

For fried rice you're meant to use day old rice. Like you eat white rice one day and fried the next. The endless cycle that all asians attempt to escape.

I had popcorn for breakfast.

Three Trio Tres Member DrPumpkin's Avatar
    You've just given me one thing that I have to do before I die.