Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to make one page?

Hybrid View

How long does it take you to make one page?

Simple question, though I'm not sure if this is in the right place. For those of you who are doing (semi) regular manga/comic pages how long does it take for you to draw (not write), from thumb-nailing, to drawing,to lineart and colouring/toning, one whole comic page and what process/ tools do you use?

Txs

Peteman

Quiet relative. It can take a day or half a day, while other kind of pages (with more content) can take 2 days.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Quiet relative. It can take a day or half a day, while other kind of pages (with more content) can take 2 days.
    Working how many hours a day?

I sleep 5 hours.

3 or 4 pages a day is pro level, You have to reach that speed if you want to be a comic maker as your job, for now I'm not computing the time.

Atleast I'm giving my self a deadline to finish this 54 pages before christmas.

It depends on motivation and urgency... (for me at least)
    If pages HAVE to be done, i can get 2 pages completely finished from sketch to ink/tone/text in about 12 hours. Probably more if i start literally as soon as i get out of bed and end as I'm going to sleep at night.

If there is no motivation or urgency, maybe 3 pages a week OTL

Wait, how many panels per page? Because some people do 3 panels per page and yeah that is easy, I can do 3 or 4 of those in a day, but others (as I'm working right now) do 5 to 7 panels per page.

Forever, because I lack discipline and willpower. ;(

Usually off of the research I did a while ago,
    Pro - About 3-4 pages within a day,1 day for inking(depending how many panels,etc) about 1/2 - 1 day for this too (also 4 pages),and toning would be half a day....So even at pro level,to make A completed page - would be a whole day...but 4 would take about a week,and for a whole chapter would be around 2 weeks give or take.

Ameatur/Just starting out - Itd take about 1 1/2 day for 1 page(sketch),prob 1 day for inking,and prob. a day for toning,so 1 page per 2-3 days for an average Newbie.Again this isnt fact,just what Ive done my Homework on!

Change this up if it isnt correct!XD

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    When I was doing my comic, it was really about the art style I chose. Therefore I could crank out at least a max of about five pages in a day, each taking a few hours using MangaStudio, PS, and SBP.