Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant Thread

Arrghh! I have a 20-25 slide presentation to make by tomorrow, and a 50 page report in 3 days.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    50 pages? That's damn near a mini book.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    0 _ 0 Are you like a third year in university or something? That is ri-di-cu-lous.

Quote Originally Posted by indescribable View Post
    0 _ 0 Are you like a third year in university or something? That is ri-di-cu-lous.
    Actually yeah, I'm in the final year of college. xD
    And it does make sense, because i've been doing a project for the whole semester and now i have to present my findings and all the work that i did coz the semester's coming to an end. The next sem (final semester) i'm back on campus and partying (not quite as then i have to sit for placements and attend interviews and get a real world job).

And there isn't a tab or rule that the report has to be 50 pages, but it usually comes out to be that much with all the formalities and formatting. Sometimes it is only around 35-40 pages, but sometimes it can even go upto around 70 or so pages long!
    Last edited by butternut; 12-06-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Sheeeesh. That sounds an awful lot like a thesis except... you have to do several?? o _ o

Several? No, 1 project per person. If you have the time and patience you can do several (though i haven't heard anyone who's ever done that)

And it is like a thesis. Since I was allotted to work at a research institute, I did a project. People have been allotted corporate companies as well where they work their ass off and just submit a nominal project report (of some random topic that relates to the company at least a little). And yes, we are evaluated on everything - regularity, sincerity, communication, yada yada yada..and we had a couple of quizzes and group discussions.
    Last edited by butternut; 12-06-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Ooohhh okay. Well, that's not quite so bad then. x)

Yeah it's the best! atleast compared to the rest of the semesters in college. Yes, I hate studying and would rather work my ass off on something than sit and read heavy text books that is all latin and greek.

Now I have to get over my laziness! xD 8 slides done! I just have to put a couple of videos, tables and text now, and that's already prepared when I was analyzing the data!

You're too happy, you're meant to be ranting XD

Haha I was ranting, but got happy!

I'm getting back to making my slides...