Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant Thread

Peter Jackson: "HERP DERP I LIKE LANDSCAPES AND FAUX-EPIC STORYTELLING"
    Speilberg: "SOMETIMES I LIKE TO TELL A GOOD STORY. SOMETIMES I PREFER MONEY."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

What is this guy even talking about

Okay that's just silly Peter Jackson is pretty good but Stephen Spielberg directed Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Okay that's just silly Peter Jackson is pretty good but Stephen Spielberg directed Transformers
    Both directors are variable at best. I fucking loved District 9, but the Lord of the Rings films had little merit as cinematography. They were an accurate and well-done conversion of the book into a film, but the sweeping landscape shots? The long, dull periods of conversation (which were even worse in the original novel, Tolkein was a shit writer)? Credit where credit's due, there were good fight scenes and it was an accurate reflection of the novels, but I think in trying to make the film encompass all the plot strands and complexity of the original trilogy, Jackson killed the pace of the film and made it indescribably soporific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Psy, I hope you're feeling okay now. I hear panic attacks can last like an hour or more, even though I've never had one that bad. I think it's time to talk to your doctor.

This ex of mine from like four years ago messaged me on FB today. He's talking about how he's sorry he was such a douche and how I deserve better and he hopes I can forgive him. I really don't know what to think about this. I'm really questioning his motives. I told him that it's been so long that I'm not mad about anything anymore, which is true cause I haven't even heard anything about him for like two years. And now he wants to meet up sometime to catch up.

I'm kind of questioning his motives. Does he just want closure because he's got a guilty conscience and wants to make sure everything's really okay, or did he just go through a breakup and wants to get in someone's pants? Maybe he's moving to Canada and wants to make sure any chick he meets doesn't have to go through a series of battles in order to date him. I think I want to meet up with him just to find out what's up, but I don't know how to approach it, and I don't want to make a two-hour trip just for some dude.

Maybe you could arrange to meet him somewhere closer so you don't have to travel as far? Also have some kind of reason lined up for leaving either real or fake so that if his motives prove shitty you can just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamajam View Post
    This ex of mine from like four years ago messaged me on FB today.
    If you want my personal opinion as a male he's trying to bone you.

Edit: If you do meet up with him, be careful if he mentions any sort of tragedy like parents dying or anything like that.

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    I already have a built-in bail excuse if I meet him down in Wichita since that's where my best friend lives, but if he comes up here then I don't know what I'd say. I feel like I ought to make him spring for the gas money and do everything on my turf, but I also want to go see my best friend.

If he mentions some kind of tragedy I think I'll break his knees and run for the hills. That doubles as a good bail plan too.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Just tell him straight up. No need to bail.
    Okay, that might be a little heartbreaking, but it works.

Just kill him

Edit: Also gunzet I dont think you understand the situation