Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix's Art| New drawing: Umbrella Sky

Really cute design! I love the hair and the lips!!! The far eye's a bit shorter than the closer one (remember, in 3/4 view, the eyes are still the same height, just not the same width)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Yea I know some things are off.. The head is too big, the far eye's a bit shorter, her collarbone sits too low..
    But it was 2am so I didn't really pay much attention to anything.. lol :P
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-21-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

New Drawing. Tell me what you think. Think personally that this new style im trying is turning out well.
    Named it "This Side Up".

SPOILER! :

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

This is very cute, I love the face... however... the face is also what bugs me. What I did was replicate the pose in a mirror, the way she is supporting her head/face is going to have an effect on it. Most notably I found that my eye closest to my hand was distorted due to the tissues composing the cheek being pushed up. This also had a stretching effect which brought the mouth up slightly. I understand that this is stylised, but I would still take it into consideration. Try the pose in the mirror and you should see what I mean.

I also think that the hand could be enlarged slightly, and you could shove in some shading as well if you really wanted to make it jump.
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Really liking that as a new style choice... Sort of less 'in your face kawaii' and more 'attractive neutral'. If you ever did a webcomic in this style or whatnot, I'd certainly have a look-in.

I can't help but notice that her right eye is quite a bit higher than her left, through...

Still very nice and clean, through, anyhow.

this is very cute. I like the pose and the style, although common in the anime/manga world, is nicely done. I won't comment on the face so as to not repeat demonfyre's critique. I will say the folds in the clothing strike me as unnatural, particularly around her breast area. The ones around her butt and abdominal areas are also odd, just because it makes her look paper thin if she were to stand up straight from that position.

Good job overall . Let's see some shading!

Finally got my drawing tablet!!!

YES!!

Finally got my drawing tablet. The new version of Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch!
    Wanted to share the first drawing I made with it. It's Meg from Disney's short film Paperman. (If you haven't seen it.. DO IT!!)

SPOILER! :

You don't have to critique this, I just wanted to share this with you guys/girls.

And for anyone interested, I made a step-by-step, how it was made thingy of it.

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Phoenix; 02-11-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Deviant Art | Art Thread

Daww... the little feels i got when i saw that. I saw the paper-man as a short when i went to watch wreck it ralph,but ill admit that this short made a bigger impression on me.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thought I would make George too!

SPOILER! :

Deviant Art | Art Thread

The paperman was definitely my favorite Disney short and one of my favorite stories. You really portrayed the characters and emotions really well! They looks wonderful! There's only one thing that catches my eye. On Meg, her far hand is the same size as the closer one. Since, the arm's foreshortened, the hand needs to be smaller as well. Congrats on the tablet and keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!