Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix's Art| New drawing: Umbrella Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Yes! No more ponies. :3
    hehe yes^^ But I had to finish the mane 6 after I had made the first so.. :P
    But back to manga!!

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

New Drawing: Human version of Twilight Sparkle!

Hello again everyone!
    It's been a while since I last posted anything on this forum. But now is the time to do so again.

I have been experimenting with a new drawing style that I really like, and hope you will too.
    This is a human version of Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic.

SPOILER! :

This drawing is originally made in hand, scanned onto my computer and touched up in Manga Studio Debut 4 using my mouse and the line/curve tool.

Let me know what you think

PS.
    I can see that I haven't been posting all my pony drawing on here.. But there are so many so if you check out my dA page at atoklanzeros.deviantart.com you will find more and better pony drawing than the ones in this thread.

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

Wow nice! Love the folds and love your line art. You use different line weights perfectly, emphasizing the shadows. The pose looks natural, the proportions are good, and all components fit well together.

2 minor details though. First is your patellas, they seem to bulge out too much. It's very good that you take into account their shapes since they do influence the shape of the knee, but usually in a subtle way. Because of the way the ligaments are attached, when the knee is bent, the ligaments above the patella stretch and smooth out the top while the ligaments at the bottom remain kinda loose. So you see a smooth curve at the top of the patella and a dimple right under.

2nd really minor detail is that the perspective of the shoe on the left seems a bit off. Not completely, and it's always super hard to get the perspective right when the object in question is not aligned with the objects in the background, but it looks like it's floating a bit in the front.

Anywho, overall, great drawing, and she does look like Twilight Sparkle! Hahaha. I love it <3
    Hope my explanations make sense!

Ok so i think that the hand (the one we can see) is a bit wrong. the distance of the knuckles to the ankle is much longer then the fingers themselves( and i dont think you can bend your fingers that much)
    And the length of the thighs. Or at least the over-thigh.
    Other then that and what Yukie mentioned i see nothing wrong. Good job.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    After I read what you guys said, I took a look at the drawing, and could immediately see that you were right.
    So I made the changes that you suggested, and now I am even more satisfied with the drawing than I were before.
    The hand.... oh dear god.. I have been trying to get it right since I got home from school today.. it took me about 1 hour to get something that looks decent.. But I just have so much trouble with hands, and especially with this exact angle.. so damn hard..

Check the fixed version out here:
    SPOILER! :

Let me know what you think about it now.

Deviant Art | Art Thread

THe hand looks god now....although the thigh is same as before.
    Problem?
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Yea I didn't edit the thigh.. I don't know.. If I roughly measure it, it seems to be okay in proportion.. I might be wrong, but it's too much for me to go back and edit.. (Because I am lazy. :P)
    It will be something I take into account on my next drawings, but I think I'm gonna leave it at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay.. forget that comment.. I took another look at the drawing after posting that comment, and realized that I was wrong..
    So I change the length.. actually it didn't take that long.. lol.
    It hasn't been change a whole lot, but if I changed it more than it is now, it just looks ridiculous..

well, let me know what you think now

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-05-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Deviant Art | Art Thread

Much better. i went as far as measuring the length of the thigh to her body. Good work. Will you color it?
    Problem?

Yes, I will colour it!! But I am afraid that it must wait a little while, because I don't want to colour it on pc using my mouse since I don't own a drawing tablet.
    It was easier for me to do the linework, because I used the line/curve tool to do it. So mouse wasn't a problem. But when it comes to colouring it - I will wait until I buy myself a real drawing tablet, to get it right. (Which shouldn't be long.. Though I am going to a concert in 2,5 weeks, which isn't that cheap because of transportation back and forth..)

But stay tuned!

Deviant Art | Art Thread

Couldn't fall asleep last night. So around 2am I got up and drew this little sketch.

SPOILER! :

You don't need to critique this drawing.. Just wanted to share it with you guys and girls
    But please leave a comment if you like it
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-21-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Deviant Art | Art Thread