Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: toast's art thread *nudity*~ update filled with incredible swag

Angry toast's art thread *nudity*~ update filled with incredible swag

Whats goin on guys, I decided to make a new art thread since I don't like necroposting, even though its my own thread
    D:

but yeah, ill just post a few things I've done lately. k
    deviantart: http://greensubmarine.deviantart.com/

mostly sketchy stuff, but alas, I have school and lazyness ):
    Last edited by toast; 01-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.

go to msn

man i was about to get on, dont rush me D:

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!
    really like them faces....also last and second to last pic............(psychedelically) EPIIIC!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Toassst! <33 love ur art man

I like the tessellation on your dA

Hey Toast. Art's lookin good, I especially like the last pic. There seems to be a bit of an angry vibe though...ghost bear says "I hate you" ?

Your strong points in the pics you posted are an intriguing use of color (particularly in the last one) and some great experimental perspective. The linework looks like it might be intentionally messy but unfortunately it hasn't quite reached the point of "masterfully sketchy." Rather, it seems rushed or ambiguous, like you might not have been sure where or how to draw a line. The best example of this is the girl's sweater in the 4th pic. I would practice drawing clean, exact lines for maybe some human figures and clothing and then let them flow into a freer, sketchier style. If you can draw it clean first, you can make it as messy or neat as you like while still retaining the general image of whatever you're drawing.

Hope that all makes sense...

No art, but I want to reply to you guys (:
    Thankyou you guys!!!! I haven't been able to be really active, since I'm trying to focus more on school and stuff

Hey Toast. Art's lookin good, I especially like the last pic. There seems to be a bit of an angry vibe though...ghost bear says "I hate you" ? Your strong points in the pics you posted are an intriguing use of color (particularly in the last one) and some great experimental perspective.
    Hey mousy! long time no see! Just wanna say in advanced, thankyou so much for the criticism, I don't really get enough criticism around here xD
    The I hate you part in the picture did have a bit of teenage angst, but alas, not too special :P
    I'm quite glad my practice with perspective is showing! Thanks!

The linework looks like it might be intentionally messy but unfortunately it hasn't quite reached the point of "masterfully sketchy." Rather, it seems rushed or ambiguous, like you might not have been sure where or how to draw a line. The best example of this is the girl's sweater in the 4th pic. I would practice drawing clean, exact lines for maybe some human figures and clothing and then let them flow into a freer, sketchier style. If you can draw it clean first, you can make it as messy or neat as you like while still retaining the general image of whatever you're drawing.
    This is very helpful, and actually since I read this, for the past week I've been practicing quite a bit with lines (nothing special enough to post however). I think this problem comes mostly out of lazyness, a not very steady hand, and the fact that I find line composition confusing a lot of the times (what should be bold, what shouldn't). But I shall try to practice a lot more! Thanks mousy, and sorry for the late reply!

drew this probably two weeks ago xD I havent been drawing lately due to exams and what not. enjoy, critic appreciatedddddd

I think you didn't gave enough though to the background.