View Poll Results: Saimoe Tournament Season 4 Round 9 of 9 - THE END!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star

5 45.45%
  • Toma

6 54.55%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Saimoe Tournament Season 4 - The END!

I think that's a valid point. Busty chicks are hella fine and can probably earn you tons of votes.

I was wondering about that. This is Saimoe:

Moe = cute girl
    Saimoe = cute girl contest

Bikinis = sexy (usually)
    Sexy =/= cute

Other swimsuits have other effects, but the bikini is universally meant to show off sex appeal. I could go into a bunch of theory and philosophy on this, but I'll limit myself:

To me, moe is any girl who invokes a protective feeling, like these three. It helps that they look so innocent. With that logic, I understand the people who didn't think a girl who could stand up for herself would qualify as a moe candidate (and which may explain Siren's lack of votes, other than her being unlikable based on my description), but I still disagree for a few reasons that would just prolong my digression.

--

Anyway--I'm gonna leave the answer for your question up to Miku, but I look at it like this:

- In argument against your question, Saimoe is, as previously stated, a cute girl contest, and many modern swimsuits are designed to accentuate sex appeal. If we were to stick to the theme of "cute girls," then our subject matter would be fairly limited (modest swimsuits). That said, it would make the contests more consistent and admittedly more SFW at the risk of losing participants and voters.

- In argument for your question, looking back, I realize that only a few contestants stuck to the "cute girl" theme, so it may be in our best interest to scrap that entirely for the swimsuit edition, as most contestants obviously aren't too thrilled with the constraints of moe. Instead, I suggest going for visual appeal: innocent, sexy, or anything in between.

Keeping in mind that Saimoe has been one of the more successful contests on MT, we may not want to scrap its basic concept altogether. Parents and teachers frequent this site--it's not just the regulars. A contest of who can draw a modest girl with the most "cute" appeal is probably much more attractive to the aforementioned parties than a sexy swimsuit contest. With that in mind, I agree with my second statement: let's scrap the moe theme this time and see how that goes.

--

Ultimately, it's not my choice, though. Just sharing my thoughts on the matter.

Ah, yeah. This should have gone in the official thread.

girls in bikinis can be cute

I think its best we take this discussion to the official thread . I'll reply you all there.

I'm a little late, but I agree with Sutari on the bracket system (not trying to be critical, but it is really confusing, at least the way it's set up.) Maybe the winner's bracket and the "losers" bracket should be on separate brackets? I find it hard to follow the branching tree (sorry if I'm slow...or just being obtuse. Not trying to.)
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I think I'll give a quick run through later on how the bracket works. That way everyone will understand.

Current Results
    Jamie VS Ixora

Next round coming soon!

Rond 7

Name: Ixora - [Obitual Crow]
    Likes: Gardening, Ixora plants, Cleaning...keeping things neat and orderly, Kyoshka, Peace, Friendship, Serving a Master
    Dislikes: Conflict, Mess, Garbage and anything unsightly or filthy, Rodents, Vermin, Being betrayed (causes psychotic reaction leading to yandere mode)
    Short Bio:
    Ixora is a floral geist representing Ixora plants. She manifests her geist powers as fire which condenses to form explosive Ixora flowers; however, she prefers fighting using punches and kicks to avoid destroying the environment. She is an optimistic person with little troubles in life however these troubles, simple as they may be, are met with exaggerated responses from her ending, usually, with herself getting harmed or her house destroyed.
    Assigned to watch over a secluded woodland, Ixora lived in a small hut she constructed and was kept company by plant and animal inhabitants of the woods. Peace reigned over the woodlands under her care until the tranquility was finally broken by a delinquent ninja who goes by the name, Kyoshka. They fought each other over a misunderstanding but it was Ixora who emerged victorious. Ixora offers Kyoshka friendship and a place to stay. She was then informed by the renegade ninja that a large scale war would unfold at the borders of the sanctuary she was assigned to protect. Ixora goes on a preemptive to try to direct the clash somewhere else.

VS

[Matt]

GOOD LUCK!

Can't vote Miri in good conscience as a huge metal fan and rap appreciator.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    New poll up. 3 days. Vote!