Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Free will. Do we really have it?

Fenn
    He can't look on on himself though. And that doesn't prove God. It could be any number of omnipresent observers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Fine I'm a poophead. Conceded. Thanks for ignoring the first paragraph.
    Okay, you want acknowledgment? Well my phone didn't load the thread right so I didn't even read Kodos's post. He just bloody disproved this with goddamn science. I told you this whole time philosophically free will doesn't exist, and now it's being told to you scientifically that what you're burning over in this thread doesn't exist. To tack on to what Kodos said, we don't even exist as selves. We really exist as chemicals and synapses. The chemicals in our brains control our feelings, and try as we might to control our synapses, it's hard. Sure you can act like you're not mad when someone rapes your mother whom you love and adore, but you can't deny you feel bad unless you're a libertarian and in that case you're fucked up anyways.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Okay, you want acknowledgment? Well my phone didn't load the thread right so I didn't even read Kodos's post. He just bloody disproved this with goddamn science. I told you this whole time philosophically free will doesn't exist, and now it's being told to you scientifically that what you're burning over in this thread doesn't exist. To tack on to what Kodos said, we don't even exist as selves. We really exist as chemicals and synapses. The chemicals in our brains control our feelings, and try as we might to control our synapses, it's hard. Sure you can act like you're not mad when someone rapes your mother whom you love and adore, but you can't deny you feel bad unless you're a libertarian and in that case you're fucked up anyways.
    YES! I posted a similar comment to Kodos 2 pages ago! I even cited him! Holy shit, why are you getting mad at me! And as part of Kodos' point he stated free will is a necessary illusion, one we can't practically overcome. So for practical purposes, we have the ability to make choices. Go ahead, stop making "choices" for a week. You'll die.

God, I'm sorry I offended you. Holy shit.

Ok bro sorry I didn't read the thread. I see we p much have the same opinion on this so we cool now?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Ok bro sorry I didn't read the thread. I see we p much have the same opinion on this so we cool now?
    Yep I apologize for my rage.

Aw yeah sweet man

Fenn
    See, I chose to apologize out of my own free will.

*Flame Shield*

You're not that much of a poophead after all, Fenn

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    See, I chose to apologize out of my own free will.

*Flame Shield*
    Nope Chuck Testa chemicals.

Wait, Does that mean you guys believe in fate and stuffs like that?(I don't know what else to call it)

like no matter what we do were already program to do those certain things in the future?