Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Free will. Do we really have it?

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mery View Post
    well memetics,genetics, no matter how strong their infulence can be ,humans are humans cuz they are self-correcting, always analysing, searching, changing, u can't say that this actions wont define the type of person u will be .
    Those actions are determined by those factors. 1 + 1 = 2. Period. There is nothing you can say or do to change that fact. The illusion of choice arrives from the fact that there are countless cause-effect reactions taking place producing each and every action, but they are still there.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

It seems you're all making these factors out to be a bad thing. It isn't like we're constantly faced with great unfamiliarities in our processes, since we react in similar ways to many different things, and we are accustomed to how we process things. Your processes can change with age, but they will still retain familiarity because of the illusion of self. It's a strange thing to have, really, rather than trying to control your different processes. It's like shutting down a computer or booting it up again because of one single process. That's what we have Task Manager for, that's what we have emotional manager for. But alas, you are still comforted by your processes that do not even permit you free will, as you know no other processes inter-personally. So, if not really having free will isn't quite so bad after all, why don't we all just take this thread to General Discussion page greater-than-8.

if will isnt free how much does it cost

Doesn't matter, cakes can't buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Those actions are determined by those factors. 1 + 1 = 2. Period. There is nothing you can say or do to change that fact. The illusion of choice arrives from the fact that there are countless cause-effect reactions taking place producing each and every action, but they are still there.
    of course , countelss cause_effects are already there..THE outcome is ours to chose, if not ..i dont see what would having free will be then ?...super hero psychic powers ? creating stuff by our will only ?
    and Sylux, u didn't directly chose of course, logic thinink starts at 8 anyway, still, in a general way, seekin for a cure ,is the way humanity chose to change the factors they couldn't possibly chose ...
    Last edited by mery; 12-09-2011 at 06:04 PM.

of course , countelss cause_effects the outcome are already there..THE outcome is ours to chose, if not ..i dont see what would having free will be then ?...super hero psychic powers ?
    No, free will would be: You are purely made up of spirit and will, no chemicals, no muscle, just magick. Magick under your direct control.

and sylux, u didn't directly chose of course, logic thinink starts at 8 anyway, still, in a general way, seekin for a cure ,is the way humanity chose to change the factors they couldn't possibly chose ...
    Number one, I didn't choose anything. Number two, I said page, not age. I did not make a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    No, free will would be: You are purely made up of spirit and will, no chemicals, no muscle, just magick. Magick under your direct control.

Number one, I didn't choose anything. Number two, I said page, not age. I did not make a typo.
    when you define it like that, i guess it's a stupid thing to ask whether we got it or not.. =='
    im readig "age" actually

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Man, listening to you guys go at it is like listening to a bunch of chemicals bounce off of each other. Gawd.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mery View Post
    of course , countelss cause_effects are already there..THE outcome is ours to chose, if not ..i dont see what would having free will be then ?...super hero psychic powers ? creating stuff by our will only ?
    and Sylux, u didn't directly chose of course, logic thinink starts at 8 anyway, still, in a general way, seekin for a cure ,is the way humanity chose to change the factors they couldn't possibly chose ...
    You don't have any choice. You don't choose an outcome. The outcome is the effect. You have no free will, you have no choice. There is ultimately no difference between human behavior and the behavior of an object falling when dropped. The only difference is the number of causes at play producing the observed effect. That's it. Matter is matter is matter.

Every element that produces human consciousness is either made of matter or reactions involving matter. Matter obeys physical laws unfailingly and without choice. Chemical Y when introduced to Chemical X produces reaction Z. Period. There is no way to rescue free will from the reality of causality and physical law. There is no choice.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fenn
    And now for the real question: do you take the red pill, or the blue pill?