Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Transcendance

I kind of waited for an answer, but then I figured I'd look for Kami. Something told me that she needed some time so I sat at the base of a tree to try and get some rest. I figured Kami and Jichou can handle themselves.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    I walked back after bandaging myself up and I saw Zetzu resting under a tree. "Aww..kawaii.." I blushed at the inner thought and felt a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. I sat down beside him and watched out for Jiichou and him, I knew they were worn out and needed the rest, I on the other hand, couldn't sleep anymore, I was much more interested in looking out for the two. "I wish there was something I could've said..." I sang in a whisper. hoping none of them heard me, I silently got up and walked over to the Akujii and pat him on the head. I looked back at Zetzu and smiled. I fell backwards and giggled, as I laid there, I stared up at the dimming sky, it was nearly sunset. "Late dawn and early sunsets, just like my favorite scenes, and holding hands and life was perfect.." I was singing quiet and I giggled again, it was fun living life the way I had it, but I'd never admit it out loud. I was just about to close my eyes until I heard one of them stir, I sat up and looked at one to the other.

I was looking at Kami with a small smile. She reminded me of someone. I couldn't tell who. Genetic memories, they were called. Something I had inherited from my maker. I then averted my eyes to look at Jichou to see if he was alright. He was as far as I could see. I then closed my eyes again to get some rest. But something told me to stay awake. I looked back at Kami and stood up and walked over to her slowly. I lightly dropped next to her and stared up at the stars. I held silence since I didn't want to disturb the peace that had fallen over us all.

A small smile crept over my features and I sighed contently, quiet as to not disturb the much wanted silence. I stole a glance of him and turned back to the stars just in time to see one shoot past quickly, I half believed that shooting stars did make a wish come true, but at times I could also think they were just somethign for human children to ease their naive minds, but I made a wish anyways. My heart was like a birds, it was beating faintly but fast, my stomach had buterflies and I was slightly blushing. I let out a silly giggle just out of habit, my nervous giggle, the one that used to make my brother laugh. I smiled and curled up next to Zetzu, I may have loved him, but I wasn't going to ever say it. I held his hand for a few minutes before giving it a slight squeeze and letting go.

The slight contact made me smile some. I guess, I was wrong about my human emotions being gone forever. I was calm and I couldn't say the things I wanted to. It was best that they be felt instead of said. I chuckled lightly at Kami's giggle. I could tell she was nervous. I looked at her then back at the stars. I watched as the world turned and the stars blinked and twinked in the night. I sighed slightly and my eyes drooped shut. Silent, peaceful sleep took over me. Something that has not happened in over 10,000 years.

I smiled at him once I knew he'd fallen asleep. I made sure he was soundly sleeping before standing up and stretching. I rested my jacket over him and walked back and hopped into a tree. I stayed still and pulled out a small worn leather book out and turned to a blank sheet of paper and took out a few charcoal sticks and began drawing, I drew the face of a rather hansome, and war-weary face, the way he looked at me when he felt something turn back on in him, or when his contentment for being with people who were loyal, yet they loved him more than a mere king, like he was someone we loved more than our own lives. I smiled at the sketching before hiding the book back into my pockets when I heard something behind me, only to find out it was my backpack floating. I shook my head and watched over the two weary men and smiled. "I'm glad I met you, Bakas..." I thought to myself. I shivered and frowned, I hated it when the wing was quiet, it made it creepy. I stared down at Zetzu's peaceful, sleeping body and smiled, I had to admit, I certainly picked a good time to fall in love...thank you hypocritical monster of a half human. I laughed at myself silently. and stayed awake until I saw the crack of daylight.

I opened my eyes slowly as the night turned into day. I sat up and Kami's jackeet was on me. I didn't need it really, but the notion was pleasant. I smiled at it and then neatly folded it as I stood. I looked up to see Kami in a tree and watched her as the light began to bring out the qualities I had long overlooked or never paid attention to. The world seemed to be vibrant even though the ending of the war was near. There wasn't any loud cracks of gunfire or the explosions of grenades. Just pure silence. The calm before the storm they called it. I could just see the men and women of both sides watching as the sun rose above the horizon, taking in the serenity it caused. I then thought of Kain. He never allowed us the privilege to feel or to know what peace or serenity was. 'What brought about this change? I wonder...' I thought to myself. When someone answered, "It's because he knows what happens when a being is just a plain killing machine. It will begin to degrade and eat the very life around it. Even it's own kind. A sort of, realization factor he thought would help you move on." I turned to look, but saw no one. It was strange.

I smiled at him and looked away towards the blazing sun and shuddered, my part on loving the early mornings is the pink, orange, and yellow skies. I sighed when I started seeing the red sun change to it's hateful yellow rays. I jumped down lightly and heard the 'clunk' of my book dropping. I looked down to see all the drawn pages scattered and my newest drawing face up, I rapidly picked them up, as calmly as I could. I counted all of them and put them back into my backpack. I noticed I was missing one, I turned just in time to see it float near...Him I froze in my place and waited to see if he'd pick it up and hand it to me or pick it up and look at it. I bit my lip until I felt a sharp pain of my fang going through my lip again, still I stood, and blushed.

I saw something floating. I grabbed it from the air and it felt like art paper. I delicately handled it and I wanted to see what was on the other side of the paper, but I smiled and walked over to Kami to hold it out for her. I figured it would be better to find out what it was later. Things tended to be better this way. I smiled and kissed her on the forehead as I walked by to pick up a small rock that was smooth and round. Much like a skipping rock.

I took the paper and thanked him, his soft lips against my skin made my blush darker and I smiled. I put the drawing away and walked up behind him. "You'll see when I think we're okay with eachother" I murmured into his ear. I pecked him on the cheek and walked away to grab my things.