Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Transcendance

My sleep was not idle. I was astral projecting myself around the place. Kami seemed rather entertained by me. 'Shit, I forgot about the blood tie.' I thought to myself as I made my way back to my body. My search did not prove fruitful though. I had planned on finding the threat right away, but how can oyu hunt something that leaves no trace, no scent, or an hint of being there at all?
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    I looked a bit worried, but I kept it to myself. I I saw my two shadows lurk towards me. "Shawna, Shouto...You know what you two have to do." I muttered, with that they dispatched and split up looking around for something so unknown. I started to wonder why I can only feel it presence and not feel it before I came into my room. I frowned in confusion and thought. then something struck me. "That's it!" I flinched at my own loudness. "I wonder if I could get Zetzu to wake up for a few minutes to tell him, or at least ask him for a blood sample; the poison should still be in his veins, perhaps I could extract it and find out the owner of this weird injection." I was muttering to myself.

I opened my eyes and sat up to sit at the edge of the bed. "Damn it, you've got some nerve trying to make me pass out..." I said out loud while cutting myself to drip into a small container. 'This is going to be one long ass night...' I thought to myself as i watched my blood drip into it. Once the container had a small but sufficient amount of blood, I handed it to Kami. "...Here..."

I jumped from that and grabbed the container. "Thanks, I'll be back in a while." I muttered. I ran down into the basement and grabbed my chemistry things. I looked over the things I needed for my extraction. I started working. After about three hours I found out what type of poison it was. It was Belladonna mixed with rattlesnake venom and cyanide. "Incredibly, this only kills humans, but it makes an akuma halfbreed like me, well change, but it made a full blooded akuma sleepy." I muttered in awe. I was muttering to myself and so fixed up in my own little world that I didn't hear anyone come downstairs. "So, this was a man-made poison, but hired someone, or something to use it on someone in this house....most likely me, but why?" I stopped mumbling and straightened my back, I let out shiver and looked up to see who was behind me.

I stood near the door and watched her for some time talking to herself. Wrapped up in her little world of chemistry. I smirked slightly from it. "Well, whaddya got Doc?" I asked with a slight hint of sarcasm in my tone.

I pulled of my mask and rose an eybrow. "Well, from what I've discovered, this poison was man-made and most likely used by a hitman. This human whoever made it, made sure that it could kill humans in an instant, but for an akuma like you, it's a sleeping remedy. So, when crossing a halfbreed like myself, it only makes me transform into my original form; to a certain extend. However, if it was used as a weapon, the hitman probably thought of me as a human and caretaker of you and Akujii, thus striking me instead of you or Aku." I finished and sighed. I shut off everything and put a light cloth over it. "I'll need to finish it later though." I muttered before taking my chemistry stuff off. I looked up at you and smirked, "Of course everything will be fine now." I walked passed you, my hand making contact with yours. "Goodnight, Zetzu." I let out a really faint giggle.

Kami's little discovery was more driven by the fact that she did not want to turn. There may have been genuine concern hidden amongst her emotions but i could not tell. I left to look at Jiichou. He seemed alright but i had no indication in if he really was. I then left the small but delicately made safe house to look at the battle between the humans and thought to myself, "First, it was the Demonspawn. Now this....?" i had a feeling that the Order had something to do with this.

I turned around and rubbed my eyes sleepily. "Well I better be going, I know you want to finish what you were doing earlier. Good night." I turned back and put everything away. I stopped for about five minutes as if to ask something, but brush it away. "Well, I'll see you in a while." I muttered quietly. I walked away and up the stairs. After shutting the door and sighing I walk into my room and plop face down on to my bed and inhale deeply. "It smells of him...almost...a dangerously sweet scent..." I thought to myself, I nuzzled into the fragrance and closed my eyes. "I wish...I were a different person.." I shook my head and got up. I looked around the room and walked out, my face was plastered into a concerned frown. "Well I amy as well clean up the cooking mess I made...I know I can't sleep..." I sighed and started cleaning, the sound of the dishes clinking quietly broke the awkward silence, aside from my bellowing thoughts. "What is wrong with me?" I asked myself quietly.