Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my manga characters ( traditional art)

my manga characters ( traditional art)

well i really donno much about the technic side of manga art, i just draw by instincs
    so, i'd like you guys to gimme some tips to improve my art..
    i use pencils to draw same thing for the coloring part

some sketcHES

colored drawings

BASARA

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Ooh, you have a sharp style, which is really cool. Welcome to MT, by the way.

THANks ^^
    glad u like it

Pretty nice! Would like to see it bigger if possible. A bit of proportion hic-up's here and there but i really like it. Jut one thing. What has happened to the fingers of the girl in the sixth pic? Would love to see a dynamic action scene from you! Welcome friend, hope we can help you and that you have a good time here!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

thanks for ur comment
    well for the size , normally it should open in a bigger resolution in a new tad once u click on'em
    for the chick's hand the finger are supposed to be bent haha but i now u mention it n they lack realism

Hrmm......who know that the bigger picture was a click away -.-...............
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Your work is fantastic! It's looking really good! I only have a few small things to point out.

For this one, his boots don't match up exactly--they look like they are shaped different at the tip and the bottom right (of his right foot--our left.)

Also, something looks off about his jacket around the trunk area. I know he's taking it off, but I think it might be a little too wide? Not sure. I could be wrong. His fingers are a little too long, also, and I think could be shortened to show he's pulling the coat open.

I like everything else! You really get a feel of the type of character he is! And you value/tone is really well done! I also like his hair and accessories. You use a lot of detail, which is cool and helps add character to him :3

For this one, I like most of it. He looks fine except a few minor things. His waving hand, I think could use a bit more work. If he is waving, I think he fingers should actually be tilted back a bit more, and some of the fingers are a bit too thin (his ring finger particularly.) I'm horrible with hands, so you've done better than I can do! But it could still be tweaked a little.

His face in this one makes it a little hard to tell what he's feeling. On one hand, his right (our left) eye brow is up, but his lips show no emotion. So it's hard to tell what's going on with his expression. I would do something to make it a little more evident what he's feeling. The facial features are fine-it looks great! I just don't know why he's waving and looking emotionless (I'm not trying to insult his expression, I'm just saying how I feel he's looking.)

I really like how you colored him! And you do great with clothing and adding value Can't wait to see more of your stuff!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

haha blue_dragon thank you ! u really did say what i needed to hear and u pointed out to all the stuff u normally notice few days after u finish ur work, then say" nah maybe it's just me" !
    i totally agree with all ur critics, i'll keep'em in mind for sure for my next works
    thanks again ^^

hello there. You do have a nice style. I like the poses, the expressions. I think you could benefit much from a little digital ink and color, it would give your art a brand new luster. The characters are all what I call remarkably "manga japanese." I wanna see some old people or how about an African child? Ever draw an Italian lover? Or if you prefer Japanese figures, what about a monk?

I say these things in slight jest. I have seen of your work only what you have posted here. Still, versatility is an artist's sorcerer's stone. It keeps your work alive. If you can draw anything and everything, the possibilities for and directions your work can go...they become endless.

EDIT: I just realized how silly of a comment I posted, I'm sorry. You're drawing these characters specifically for a manga. I understand now. What I said before still holds for art in general but you did a good job on these ones~
    Last edited by darkmousysminion; 12-04-2011 at 02:14 AM.

yep i guess my art isn't that varied, still im sure i can do some different concepts and styles, it would be a great challenge
    thanks for ur comment