Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Shard's Artwork

Alpha Shard's Artwork

So, I'm not sure if Poke'mon splicing counts here, but that IS the majority of my art.
    Anyhoo...
    These are really recent. Please help, but I'm still new, so don't shoot my every face- rudely, any way. Procrastinating...
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Oh, and I'm 13; keep the language down a LITTLE bit.
    Last edited by AlphaShard; 11-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.

seems to me that your testing our skills if we can critique something so small.

The top one is really good, you mix the colour of the lines with the colour of the character, in the bottom one I think you use too much black for the lines, in spriting try using darker colours for the lines instead of solid black, and use different shades because it blends much nicer and looks more professional :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy-Chan View Post
    The top one is really good, you mix the colour of the lines with the colour of the character, in the bottom one I think you use too much black for the lines, in spriting try using darker colours for the lines instead of solid black, and use different shades because it blends much nicer and looks more professional :3
    How that heck did you managed to critique that!!??

well i think the top one is kinda cool if you will in large it and add details on it...
    the 2nd one... well its looks plain... i am sorry i imagine dragons more eye catching/ awesome...

Don't see much wrong with the first one, but like Cloudy said, there seems to be way to much black in the second one. For the underbelly, try using the third shade from the main body for the lines, it should help it blend better. Using stacked pixels (not one pixel width) for inside lines generally don't look very nice...Just a head's up. All in all, great work. Keep it up.
    Kinda wanta play with sprites again now...

thanks guys, but GIMP won't let me enlarge them further (have 2.0, not getting another one X-X)
    I'll keep these in mind.

Yayz! more art =3

Unhappy

I am sorry I can't reply to this thread with a critique. My computer is too small to see the art properly in order to give a good critique. However, from what I see, I am interested in seeing more.
    As I am not the only one with this problem, would you mind drawing them larger for us?

Again, looking forward to seeing more of your pokemon.... and please name them...

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I recommend you headover to the Pokecommunity Forums. You'll get good Sprite Crit there.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.