Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Happeh Thanksgibbing!

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    It's an excuse to overspend on food and eat TONS. But it's a tradition, so we do it anyways. Every country has those types of holidays.
    Yeah, in Australia over the last couple of years everyone is pushing halloween celebrations, just so that companies can make more money and people have another excuse to get drunk off their faces and dress skanky. Makes me mad because its such a meaningless thing to celebrate and we already have the spring horse racing carnivals at this time of year.

Fenn
    Meanings differ from person to person. For some it's historical, others it religious, for still others its commercial, and for others it's about family and thankfulness.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    There's always a general background meaning though.

Quote Originally Posted by Inksprout View Post
    spring horse racing carnivals
    Watch out for horse thieves

Halloween in Australia literally has no meaning. Its not tradition, its not religious. It's just an excuse. I would rather we some how tried to commandeer thanksgiving, at least we would be able to instill some sort of meaningfullness.

did anyone watch tanks giving on military channel?

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    No, but it sounds awesome.

I had an amazing dinner at my grandma's house with my family, then went to my best friend's house and had an amazing dinner with her. I told my friend to give me modest portions as she was dishing out the food, and instead she piled my plate super high. There were only 10 people at her house though, and they made enough food for 30. I was sent home with like a million leftovers. And I'm still full, even though I ate like four hours ago.

Also there was a really awesome dude who I talked to all night, and who I think was kinda into me. But I live like two hours away, so it'll never happen.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamajam View Post
    No, but it sounds awesome.

I had an amazing dinner at my grandma's house with my family, then went to my best friend's house and had an amazing dinner with her. I told my friend to give me modest portions as she was dishing out the food, and instead she piled my plate super high. There were only 10 people at her house though, and they made enough food for 30. I was sent home with like a million leftovers. And I'm still full, even though I ate like four hours ago.

Also there was a really awesome dude who I talked to all night, and who I think was kinda into me. But I live like two hours away, so it'll never happen.
    This, except I also got lots of alchohol and 40 bucks from my aunt, which was awesome.

And yo, Pajam, I wouldnt' say 2 hours away would never happen, wth. I'm with someone right now and she ain't even in this country, and it's worked for freakin' 2 years, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamajam View Post
    I use to date a girl who lived at 2 hours from where I live. So go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    did anyone watch tanks giving on military channel?
    yeah I watched Top Ten Tanks with my stepdad. it was...

heavy