Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So how would one,become a maga artist From USA--> Japan?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea I wouldn't say don't bother. But to just look at the reality of things, although with enough effort and determination, hell you could actually make it.

well,then are there any good colleges in japan?Art colleges?Id love to live in japan,but I have no idea how I would go about.

And I WILL become a great Mangaka,Id sell my soul to become a mangaka - in Japan.

Kinda like mashiro from "Bakugan",I have that much Faith.hope and am willing to put a lot of effort into this dream of mine....

@kine - Im with you bro,Just keep getting better man...Youll win over if u believe hard enough
    @everyone else - so,About schools in japan,and setups US -> JP...how does that work?

And if I have to do American styled maga,what are some of the publishers you recommend(shonen)?

I'm not sure about any publishing companies but just start small with barely known companies and after awhile you be able to move up to middle level companies like Dark Horse.

Quote Originally Posted by kine View Post
    Don't try discourage me or him by saying this
    Okay.

Yeah you guys will make it. Don't listen to what anyone else says, save up your money and go to Japan and send your drawings into those publishers and they'll jump at the opportunity to hire you.
    Is that what you want to hear?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You might also wanna consider working with a team rather than totally individual. That way you don't draw yourself to an early grave.

The true is this: Comic industry (as any industry) is a hell. And this is not different here, there or anywhere, publishers want things that sells, want people that represent them and want to hold your life and soul, this industry has become in do money or go away.

As a matter of study, japan is not the best place. Yes, its great, it was the place where cinematic continuity started (with Osamu Tezuka), but USA and Europe have a longest history in comic development. Hell, even in Latin America there has a longest development in the technique and methodology of comics (of course all the developments die with the dictatorships). So if you have the chance to study in USA or Europe, do it, they have a sense and understanding of the graphic novels that few haves.

And in the future, Japan will not become the strongest in quality of work, just look to Korea, they have amazing works and they can mix their style beautifully.

Also mangakas are the same as comic artists, comic and mangas are the same, just different names gave in different places.

Yeah it's the same as book writers as well, If you don't sell even if you have an awesome story you'll still die.

In manga/comc, sometimes people buy it because of the awesome art, That's why manga with nothing but panty shots stills sells.

Lightbulb

guess ur right,:{
    *lost faith*

Okay,so can artist do the "traditional style" on paper and finalize it digitally and submit it to a pub. or is just preference of the publishing company?

It's a dice dude, Life is all about dices.

Specially in manga/comic industry, If it happens to sell you'll be a billionaire so freaking bad, standing next to Oprah and the Queen.

If it doesn't you probably just wasted you time trying, Don't worry I'm one of those guys throwing a dice with you so just make something.

I've never heard of a billionaire mangaka