Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me improve my drawing ability with sincere critique.

Help me improve my drawing ability with sincere critique.

I will be uploading and updating this page frequently, almost daily.
    My newest drawings will appear in a month order, please critique it well~

Last edited by Taeyeong; 10-30-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Is this forum dead?? q.q

Hello,

Just be patient, people are not here all the time you know! the face looks good, I guess you are just a big fan of these anime type where the main character have different half faces like Bleach, De Gray man or Zetsu from Naruto...hihihi...If you are trying to replicate, I would like to know which one you try to draw but if not it is already Ok in my opinion so you should just move on.

Cheers,
    Always searching for source of inspiration...
    Nomena

Quote Originally Posted by Nomena View Post
    Hello,

Just be patient, people are not here all the time you know! the face looks good, I guess you are just a big fan of these anime type where the main character have different half faces like Bleach, De Gray man or Zetsu from Naruto...hihihi...If you are trying to replicate, I would like to know which one you try to draw but if not it is already Ok in my opinion so you should just move on.

Cheers,

This is the original

Don't know about De Gray but, i really love Tokyo Ghoul, it's my #1 favorite as of right now, i really connected with the character from the beginning to the end, 100%.
    So i'm drawing him all the time, and i never get tired, i want to be able to draw him on a level higher then original^^
    Let's both work hard and see how much we'll grow in a few months, maybe we can do something together like a project or something like that, later on

You helped me on my topic and, I ny beginner opinion, there' only one problem to your character : the eyes.
    You made them absolutely parallels but eye are never parallels (it gives them a frog-like look), they a little bit cross-eyed, It's because they're looking at the same object, that's also because of that that you can't squint "out". I can't really explain it with words so here's a beautiful paint-made schematic :
    Sans titre.png
    Last edited by Valtharen; 10-21-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtharen View Post
    You helped me on my topic and, I ny beginner opinion, there' only one problem to your character : the eyes.
    You made them absolutely parallels but eye are never parallels (it gives them a frog-like look), they a little bit cross-eyed, It's because they're looking at the same object, that's also because of that that you can't squint "out". I can't really explain it with words so here's a beautiful paint-made schematic :
    Sans titre.png
    Thanks bro, i knew something was up with the eyes and in overall, the first painting that i posted looks horrible, well i like it but i can still see that it's far from being good.
    The shape of the head, and the chin is misplaced and badly balanced, the hair was horribly drawn and the shading is even more worse, but that's why we draw i guess, it'll eventually evolve into something better^^

Kaneki.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Taeyeong; 10-23-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valtharen View Post
    Sans titre.png
    Actually if they're looking far enough into the distance, they will spread apart like this. Often artists (especially comickers and mangaka) will exaggerate this effect to make the character's expression look more distant and dramatic, almost as if they were looking through an extradimensional rift, or into an endless void. It incites a much more emotional response when done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Actually if they're looking far enough into the distance, they will spread apart like this. Often artists (especially comickers and mangaka) will exaggerate this effect to make the character's expression look more distant and dramatic, almost as if they were looking through an extradimensional rift, or into an endless void. It incites a much more emotional response when done correctly.
    I see what you mean~
    As of right now i could understand why he pointed out the eyes, it probably looks horrible by now and i understand it.
    I'm planning to draw 33 pages as fast as i can, with focus of course. The goal is, to finish this as fast as possible, hopefully monday/tuesday.
    Hmm i might make my own thread somewhere around here, and post my sketch-book drawings, in order, to show my evolution^^

- - - Updated - - -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Taeyeong; 10-23-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Hello! This newest sketch is really cute. So, I think her left eye is supposed to be squinty, but even so, the irises should still be in the same position (it's impossibly for most people to control each eye individually and her left iris is higher than her right). In all your drawings, you seem to struggle with symmetry. Especially in the face. Take some time and pay attention to match each side of the body where they need to match (I believe body symmetry is one of the major steps to bumping an artist out of the beginner zone). Lastly, the hair is sooo stiff. It almost looks to have creases you'd see drawn on clothes. Loosen your hand and arm and make quick, light, and fluid lines (even for the short strands).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!