Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLG National Championship

Fenn

MLG National Championship

Never watched MLG before, streaming it right now. It's more fun than I thought, even though I don't know any of the teams, they did a nice job recapping. Announcers are funny in a "hey they're talking about games!" kinda way.

What do you think about competitive gaming at present and in the future?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Eh, I don't think comp. gaming is as good as it was a few years back. I used to watch that one show where they'd do daily competitive matches in Halo, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, Dead or Alive, all that gud stuff. Although I've been meaning to stream MLG, lol.

Watched this last night

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/pro-gaming

Yeah we have a long way to go. It's something I used to be interested in but I dont really care about anymore.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Eh, I don't think comp. gaming is as good as it was a few years back. I used to watch that one show where they'd do daily competitive matches in Halo, Mechwarrior 4 Mercs, Dead or Alive, all that gud stuff. Although I've been meaning to stream MLG, lol.
    It's on G4tv if you wanna stream.

I wonder what would result of a video game designed specifically for MLG/competitive gaming. Be in shooter, RTS, or fighter, I think it would be interesting.

Shadowrun was designed specifically for competitive play

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Don't watch for the same reason I don't watch sports. Though I guess it has the same appeal. I do like watching Let's Plays, though, probably for the humor.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Shadowrun was designed specifically for competitive play
    Did not know that. Fun fact!

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Don't watch for the same reason I don't watch sports. Though I guess it has the same appeal. I do like watching Let's Plays, though, probably for the humor.
    Why don't you watch sports?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    If I'm not watching something funny in a video game, I'd rather spend that time playing one, is all. Like I can't watch a super serious live broadcast without losing interest. I can just barely stomach Evo because the announcers tend to be funny.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    If I'm not watching something funny in a video game, I'd rather spend that time playing one, is all. Like I can't watch a super serious live broadcast without losing interest. I can just barely stomach Evo because the announcers tend to be funny.
    Completely respected.

I'm a natural-born analyist so modern pro sports interest me, due to all the stats and strategizing.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    THere should be Battlefield comps. 64 person massive wars, strategy, the works.
    I'm hoping Mechwarrior 5 pops back into the competition world.