View Poll Results: Should This Story Be Made into a...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ligh Novel

1 33.33%
  • Manga

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tag's Light-Novel "Hanako" ( W.I.P)

Thread revived?XD

Anyone who cares to critique the storyline?give ideas?

So I need some opinions from writers readers on how to or how I should do arcs in my story or planning,like.....How/where would you put in an antagonist...? stuff like that....

Thanks,If commented upon

First of all you need to ask yourself "what is the story going to tell?". Is going to be about a man fighting against nature? against another man? against himself?. Then ask yourself "why?", is he fighting against nature to save his family from a tsunami? is he fighting against another man for power? is he fighting against himself because of the fear on his own evil?

Then you build the protagonist and antagonist, both must have clear personalities, personalities that are going to state the point on the story. You don't want to bend the story so the protagonist have to face the antagonist, its better if the protagonist or antagonist chose the conflict.

An arc is finally a chapter of a big achievement or recognition from the protagonist. Let's take by example: X character have low self stem, the antagonist does bully to him but X is tired about it so he train and finally confront his bully. Finally X learn a lesson from both training (life experience) and his confrontation against his bully. And that basically resume an arc.

@clockhand

yeah,I get it,a bit.

I understand the fundamentals around positioning antagonists and stuff somewhat (not trying to contradict myself XD),Im just asking for examples,i guess....Its like,mentally I know what I must do...but I need a good example to understand completely,not that your example wasnt good....

.................................................. .................................................. ............
    Me and my writer,we made it this far....but our story is just very broad with no real definition of battles or multiple antagonists like in one piece or naruto,where you have people they go against along the way.

Better yet Ill rephrase the question(Now realizing the question I meant to ask):

How would I put battles/fighting against antagonists in my story or in a story?

I think this question puts more emphasis on the fact that I have no clue how to plan(?) a fight scene in a story?

Anyways,If anyone understands what Im saying,then please feel free to elaborate XD

[EDITED]
    Last edited by tag654; 10-05-2013 at 01:29 AM.

There are no "antagonists" in a story, there are never multiple antagonists. Naruto or One Piece are not exceptions, both have a ver clear antagonist. In the case of Naruto the antagonist is hidden between pawns or character with other goals, while in One Piece there is a unique antagonist but there are small antagonist per arcs.

There are no plural antagonists, there is just one.

Now with this clear, if you want to make different "villains" fight between each other, search causes to provoke that. Example: fight of power inside the group.

And the same goes for fights with the protagonist or secondary characters, search causes, and see how the character should manage it.

ok...Sorry 'bout the "multiple antagonists" thing,had no clue if it was antagonist or antagonists!XD

but I think I got it now

Can someone help me out?
    I have in my story,these large satelite like lasers in orbit that can cut continents in half etc,and things that can move those continents,the only thing is...I havent thought of why this would happen.....So the question is:

Realisticly,why would the continents or nations of this world want to make their nations/continents seperate like this.....?

And how would this effect the economy,because Having these machines would mean their able to spend even with a bad economy,which is contradicting the story,so yeah?

Help!?XD

Well they wouldn't. Why go to all that effort to create massive earthquakes that kills all your people when you can just bomb the heck out of the other country or build a massive wall.

Exactly,but that's why im trying to find someone who CAN give me a possibility of why this could happen!XD

Why do you want it to happen in the first place? Its a cool idea in theory but once you get down to the grit of the situation it's hardly practical nor useful and super satellites with lasers that can destroy continents starts sounding like sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. Don't make stories work for your plot devices, make the plot device work for your story.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."