Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: The old rolls of paper 5: Groundcenter (Skyrim)

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool6365 View Post
    Still, something about this game seems to drawn me in.
    The game never provides you with "fun", "amusement" or "challenge" (if you like that), but something the way does pretty well is play with your expectations, the idea of "I want to be better", "I want to see what is going to happen" and so on. But let's be honest, in most of the hours of gameplay you rarely will be saying "oh man I'm having so much fun".

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    in most of the hours of gameplay you rarely will be saying "oh man I'm having so much fun".
    Agreed. That thought never came to mind and the feedback I've gotten from my friends are mostly "I NEED TO PLAY SKYRIM!" but I never hear them say "It's fun/awesome." I heard epic being muttered once, but I guess that can be counted as amusement? I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's mind blowing to some, especially my best bud since he played the Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind. To me, it's a decent game with lack of intuitive gameplay. I'm just disappointed with myself now being hooked to this game.

Oh yeah one last note, my weapon and magic does jack shit damage with the mobs in the game. Even with say, the Mace of Molag Bal I barely inflict a millimeter of health on medium leveled mobs and my level is somewhat high. I get infuriated with this but at least my follower/s do most of the damage so that compensates that. Still, I wanna whack a zombie without relying on Lydia who always blocks my path ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Addiction. It's a giant grindgame.

For me the appeal of it began with just stripping all of my expectations for it. Since I hated Morrowind and Oblivion, I went into Skyrim not wanting anything out of it...so I enjoyed it. As in, I didn't think I was going to end up doing anything but running around shooting random things with arrows. And that's exactly what happened. So I was satisfied with that. It ended up being the perfect run around and harass things with arrows simulator. As far as any actual gameplay it's horribly lacking.

And did you level-up your proficiency in your weapon-kills? Try to get the first tier perk up to 5/5. Then you'll do 100% more damage with your weapon. I realized that I screwed myself over w/ dual-wielding because daggers don't get a specific damage perk outside of backstabs.

there is a multiplayer mod out

Whoa does it really work

no

Oic

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Addiction. It's a giant grindgame.

And did you level-up your proficiency in your weapon-kills? Try to get the first tier perk up to 5/5. Then you'll do 100% more damage with your weapon. I realized that I screwed myself over w/ dual-wielding because daggers don't get a specific damage perk outside of backstabs.
    Sadly, I hate grinding. I really do. *sniff*

Anyways, I increased it by 1 but I was saving it up for other perks just in case I need it. Looks like I'll have to do it then. I want to end this nightmare as soon as possible. Ok, nightmare might be a bit of an exaggeration but you get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    i played through the game with dual daggers XD its hilarious, i can kill giants in one hit with them if they dont see me

although its really awkward if they do see me because then i cant really do much but flail my arms at them hoping they die before the inevitable oneshot from its club

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    haha yeah that's p. much it. If you don't get seen you can one shot almost any enemy imaginable. If you get seen, its time to activate windmill mode and hope you don't die.