Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The old rolls of paper 5: Groundcenter (Skyrim)

*paranoiac at leveling*

You won't even notice it

So this game looks pretty much the same as Oblivion and I got bored of Oblivion within 2 weeks. Why should I buy this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

dont do it

Basically is better than Oblivion in story and look. As a matter of combat the game is kinda of the same (it really doesn't work very well unless you are a wizard) and it has some problems with the background story and context (gods, fights of faith, but gods actually exist... it does make a lot of problem to the plot).

If you like side quests, feel like the chosen one and have a lot to explore, the game is completely for you. If you prefer a good combat experience and stuffs like that you could skip it or watch someone play it (I find way more interesting to watch someone else to play it).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 11-15-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Basically is better than Oblivion in story and look. As a matter of combat the game is kinda of the same (it really doesn't work very well unless you are a wizard) and it has some problems with the background story and context (gods, fights of faith, but gods actually exist... it does make a lot of problem to the plot).

If you like side quests, feel like the chosen one and have a lot to explore the game is completely for you. If you prefer a good combat experience and stuffs like that you could skip it or watch someone play it (I find way more interesting to watch someone else to play it).
    why do you think the combat is bad, they have improved a lot of things, and yes in skyrim magic is REALLY powerful now but so far i have played skyrim for 47 hours, most of it (43 hours) has been a dual wield sword/dagger and have enjoyed it so much, i love the way the combat works, bow and arrow has also been improved even things as simple as being able to lower arrows

whats wrong with the gods? there is so much story behind them, there are the 9 divines and the daedra

The problem with the gods is the same as it was in Oblivion. Everyone fight each other in faith wars/discussions, baning gods and stuffs like that. But you can talk with the gods, you have a direct relationship with them, you could freaking ask them what to do in all this stupid conflict. This is where the whole faith war fails, it fails because you can have proves and with proves the whole deal of "my faith is the true" die.

Another example on how the game has a bad context, is how progressive they are. You are a orc and you live like everyone else, everyone have this very mixed culture, but you never feel like you are a savage orc, or a dread dark elf, no, they are normal beings, living in cities, having the same manners than other, they are very progressives to being a medieval land.

The combat sucks (at least in consoles), because 60% of the time you will be hitting your companion, its really easy to miss an attack and even more to hit others, the game doesn't help you telling you the distance of your attacks, so most of the time you have to be extremely closed to your enemy (or hang and shield and wait his attack to have and idea of the distance). Shields are not of big help and you can't block while using 2 weapons.

Don't get me wrong I like the game, but its kinda annoying that they didn't improve the combat in a big way. The whole combat feels clumsy and some times I get frustrated because I have 3 enemies and I can't hit them properly (which lead me to use magic more than blades).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 11-15-2011 at 07:03 PM.

might contain spoilers for some of the main quest o-o

You have the daedra and the nine divines and yes they all do actually exist but there isnt that much conflict over religion in the games, the only conflict is with the thalmor which it explains pretty well. Also i need to add, they cant actually act that much on this plane

The nine divines were originally the 8 divines but the emperor tiber septim became a god much later, now he attacked the aldmeri dominion when he was an emperor before he became a god, some people still dont consider him part of the 9 divines

the thalmor could beat the empire but instead they signed a treaty part of which means that the worship of talos is banned because they didnt like the fact that a human had risen to become a god, which many people didnt like hence the war :/

i will admit i havnt had a companion much in the game because tbh when your a sneaky character they can alert stuff when you dont want them too :/

i dont really know how you would block with 2 swords, controller wise

im not great at explaining @_@ but there is an amazing backstory to all the god and daedra
    Last edited by wolfman; 11-16-2011 at 07:19 PM.

I was like, why be a thief or assassin when you can't frickin' climb stuff?

Ezio and Altair disapprove of these game mechanics.