Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The perfect anime, let's make it

I dosn't really give me that much trouble either, but this is the perfect anime. For example, Hellsing and Vindland Saga, you can tell that that the characters don't interact in a Japensey fashion. Why is it that there are only two pillars of major cartoon industry, America and Japan, in the world? This is going off topic, sorry.

Edit: Jubeh that video's helarious!

Peteman

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Fine, I'll bite.

Something as good as the best works of classical literature and other types of film. The anime equivalent of Citizen Kane or Hamlet. Does the genre matter? No. Does it need to play with the viewer's perceptions (be psychologically mind-bending)? No. The latter - as Fenn probably doesn't realise - is a trapping of postmodern work. I think it's one of the least interesting trappings and one of the easiest to abuse.

Something I'd like to see explored is the concept of strange loops, if we need to be postmodern. If not, something that lives up to the highest levels of critical analysis will suffice.
    But I like when it plays with the viewer's perceptions...*sheepishly kicks dust*

Thats cool but aside from a few notable exceptions a lot of japanese writers are terrible at it.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Thats cool but aside from a few notable exceptions a lot of japanese writers are terrible at it.
    Who said the writer had to be japanese? *eye sparkle of confidence*

Fenn post

Fenn
    Fine, no psychological mind bending.

I would like our perfect anime to have very witty, intelligent scriptwriting.

That's the worst kind of scriptwriting

Fenn
    Can I clarify something? Are my interests in all forms of media and arts the exact kind of mainstream, ignorant views everyone here does NOT like?

That's the worst thing to clarify

Fenn
    I'll admit I'm cracking up in front of the screen right now.