Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Race Education and Why it Fails

Well there are 2 types of Stadiums, one is a professional stadium where people play soccer (we don't have other kind of stadium, not other sport is popular here) and the Community Stadium which are stadiums to do sports founded by a community. Its more like a club with a sport focus.
    And I'm talking about the latest.

And I don't know about asians being good at math. Well i live in a asiatic island, more like a korean island in the city. Like most of my friends neighboords are asians. And yeah there are some that are good at math, and others who don't but their parents force them to do something math related because it bring money (like the case of a friend who wanted to be chef but he is study economy).

Oh and I the latest even that its making people hate more every jew. A jew just burned a part of Torres del Paine, which is a big sanctuary of nature.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 01-16-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Well there are 2 types of Stadiums, one is a professional stadium where people play soccer (we don't have other kind of stadium, not other sport is popular here) and the Community Stadium which are stadiums to do sports founded by a community. Its more like a club with a sport focus.
    And I'm talking about the latest.

And I don't know about asians being good at math. Well i live in a asiatic island, more like a korean island in the city. Like most of my friends neighboords are asians. And yeah there are some that are good at math, and others who don't but their parents force them to do something math related because it bring money (like the case of a friend who wanted to be chef but he is study economy).

Oh and I the latest even that its making people hate more every jew. A jew just burned a part of Torres del Paine, which is a big sanctuary of nature.
    Thank you for clarifying.

If my memory recalls you live in Chile right? I wasn't aware there was a large korean population in any part, curse my ignorance. And you bring up an interesting point. It probably isn't as accurate as it seems to say that asian people are
    good at math," since as you've shown more factors into it than that. I suppose it's just that, one way or another, Asian people and math seem to wind up correlating. There's also the idea of the self-fulfilling prophecy to consider.

Your final comment is a sad truth of prejudice; it takes just one idiot to destroy a whole village. Unfortunately, the most despicable members of any social group are going to get the most attention usually, and tarnish other group's perception of the whole group. Like you said, not all jews act this way, but when events like this happen with any frequency, people are bound to start blaming ethnicity.

It's a difficult issue. My original point was that logically, for people capable of overcoming the natural tendency towards ingroup favoritism, discrimination on the basis of ethnicity or any other irrelevant factor is nonsensical.

The deal is that we can be facing a strong wave of discrimination against jews. The whole thing with the burned forest caused the show of a strong face of discrimination in here, people shout at the guy who burned the forest "jew", as a way of insult.

And the thing is that this is not going to change, this is just going to get worst, because jew community are going to enforce their security, they are going to try to protect themselves, which will create more discrimination, and this wave is gonna be unstoppable just because no one of the groups want to understand the other. If the jew community would have spoked about this event, telling everyone that they are ashame that one jew did such a thing, and they didn't want this to be a prove on how the community is, then probably everything would have been different. But sadly they have a very victimized mentality, where they are always going to be victims, and no mater the reasons why people would hate them is going to be wrong. At the end discrimination is here, because someone chose to be discriminated (not like in other cases).

Fenn
    If the jew community would have spoked about this event, telling everyone that they are ashame that one jew did such a thing, and they didn't want this to be a prove on how the community is, then probably everything would have been different. But sadly they have a very victimized mentality, where they are always going to be victims, and no mater the reasons why people would hate them is going to be wrong. At the end discrimination is here, because someone chose to be discriminated (not like in other cases).
    This is very important. Anyone care to add to this? I don't have much left to say.

Also off-topic but when you said island I thought you meant an actual island. And I was like, "Is Chile an island now?"

I mean an urban island.

Fenn
    I mean an urban island.
    Yeah I figured it out just wanted to show off my lack of competence