Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 216

Thread: Race Education and Why it Fails

  1. #191
    Fenn
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Your bum is stuffed with tweed.

    You also supported compromise and non-violence. Compromise on any issue, but especially ones where one side is right and the other is wrong (racial equality), is for the weak. Non-violence has never worked. Don't be so gutless.
    What about active non-violence?

  2. #192
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Only if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  3. #193
    Fenn
    Guest
    Well, yah.

  4. #194
    Ying Yang Member Socrates's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Your bum is stuffed with tweed.

    You also supported compromise and non-violence. Compromise on any issue, but especially ones where one side is right and the other is wrong (racial equality), is for the weak. Non-violence has never worked. Don't be so gutless.

  5. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Your bum is stuffed with tweed.

    You also supported compromise and non-violence. Compromise on any issue, but especially ones where one side is right and the other is wrong (racial equality), is for the weak. Non-violence has never worked. Don't be so gutless.
    In ways you are right. Compromise does not work for this society. But there is always an option. Look at Toronto, we act like its great cause of all the diversity, but in fact, its riddled with race hate crimes. When people of different races come to live together in one spot. we naturally leave each other to our own lives:"voluntary segregation" different races werent meant to live with each other, our cultures and opinions about others are too shallow. violence/peace has never worked, as if it isnt physical violence against a race, its mental abuse/systemic discrimination :/ dont blame the system, if you feel abused because of your sexual orientation/colour of your skin/religion, why dont you move to someplace where you will be accepted..? problem solved.

  6. #196
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by AudriCantDance View Post
    different races werent meant to live with each other, our cultures and opinions about others are too shallow.
    That's ridiculous. Physical race is one of the most superficial traits of people, and culture and opinions about people are quite shallow too. To be honest, the only thing that seems to matter is personality. People of totally different cultures and races can get along just fine, so long as they like each other as people. And arguing that 'different race werent meant to live with each other' is untestable. How can you defend that? "Weren't meant to" is a moral statement. Justify segregation to me morally.

    dont blame the system, if you feel abused because of your sexual orientation/colour of your skin/religion, why dont you move to someplace where you will be accepted..? problem solved.
    Wow. I don't know what to say. "Don't try to change a country, move elsewhere"? Really? How do you think that's going to work in the long term?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  7. #197
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,812
    Well, I mean, it worked so well for the Jews.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  8. #198
    Devilish Member Black_Shaggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere near the Grus Quintet
    Posts
    739
    No...I'd have to agree with Del. At least in part. I can't say non-violence has never worked because non-violent protests eventually 'wear down' it's opposition (i.e., Ghandhi & equal rights for his people in S. Africa, M.L.K. Jr. & the Civil Rights movement). In those to situations, they did not compromise but didn't devolve down to the violence inflicted upon them. I think that takes more strength than actually taking up arms. But hey, it's just my personal opinion.

    Now AudriCantDance, is entitled to his/her opinion too. But dude, think about what you're saying by different cultural group weren't meant to be together. Does that really make sense? Del said physical race is a superficial trait & I agree. I mean, if we were stick to our own cultures & races, would we even be having this type of dialogue on a website dedicated to an art form created in Japan? If what you say is true then, how is it that people of different races & cultures come together as co-workers, friends & even family equally all over the world, within different cultures everyday without any problems? No the problem isn't our racial differences at all. Of course, a person will will feel a close affinity to someone from their own race or culture, but that doesn't mean that we're genetically predisposed to interaction & dealings with that group exclusively. It's one's personal perception of themselves juxtaposed to their perception to the world around them. If you feel wronged because a certain group has migrated into what was once a community, city, country that was once mainly populated by your race or culture & began to prosper while both respecting your customs & keeping their own alive, then that's a personal problem. If a group of people all feel the same way on that type of issue, it's more than likely some kind of personal identity issue going on there. "I'm this is my country & better than that friggin' immigrant because [INPUT RANDOM IRRATIONAL EXCUSE HERE]!" And I'd wager that same personal identity problem can create a warmonger who would sacrifice his or her life to impose their ideals on how things should be on the rest of the world with hatred & violence. But what they really hate is the idea that other races & cultures are merely different than their own & this frightens the crap out of them.

    Man...that's just ass backwards thinking to hold on to all that hate, but you're entitled too, & it's one of the major reasons why race education is failing.

  9. #199
    Teen Member Gerzorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21
    Sup, just thought I'd add my two cents.

    Just because the United States, UK, or whatever may have a "better" environment for racial/sex/religious relations, it doesn't matter, because the vast majority of the world most definitely does not.

    I just don't think it's realistic to expect change in the entire world overnight completely going against what many consider to be "tradition".

    Even then, changing the entire populous' opinions is not an easy thing to do. I would argue that it's impossible.

    So... hate with generalizations will always exist. I think it's part of human nature, really.

    I would also argue though, that it's better to ignore the vast majority of our human impulses. After all, humans come from the dicks, not from the nice people. Evolutionarily speaking, of course.

    If you don't believe in Evolution, I respect your opinion, please read more on the subject before making such a rash opinion off of what your close friends and relatives tell you. Learn things for yourself.

  10. #200
    Palindrome Member ClockHand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerzorz View Post
    Just because the United States, UK, or whatever may have a "better" environment for racial/sex/religious relations, it doesn't matter, because the vast majority of the world most definitely does not.
    JAJAJAJAJA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •