Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Race Education and Why it Fails

Yeah, the internet is becoming a great tool for figuring out truer events. I think ordinary people, who aren't in a position of power and just want to live normal happy lives give the truest representation of what is going on, because they often don't care who is winning. In a war they are just the ones suffering regardless of which side they are on. That to me is what is great about the internet, anyone can write their experiences on it for the whole world to read. Even countries where media is very controlled can use the internet to help them get real information to each other and the rest of the world. Hopefully with the internet and globalisation in general humans are going to get better at recording true history.

You still need to be careful of your sources online. Just cause something is video taped or written out, doesn't mean it's legit. People can just as easily use these technologies to fool you. And videos/images can be doctored. Sounding paranoid now, but it's true.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

It isn't paranoid at all. It's very true but, there's still enough real content out there to debunk the fake stuff. Usually, I see 'Blair Witch' situations being revealed for what they are shortly after posting. The real trouble is when a government uses these tactics to obscure the truth. Or completely ban the use of certain global search engines (Like China did with Google). That's when the internet fails us...

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    You know, I was just thinking.

WARNING DANGEROUS THOUGHT CRIMES AHEAD.

One of my cousin-in-laws is an amazing dude. He's much older then me (in his 40s) but I can still talk to him about all sorts of random crap (ex: Transformers) and he's a really bright guy. I don't see him much because he lives in Huston, but it's always fun seeing him around. Thinking about this cousin, I started thinking about one of my best friends. Much like my cousin in law, he's very smart and is just a fun guy to be around. We can talk about music, video games, politics, whatever. This is the thing though. They're both black. I, of course, have no problem with this. But for a long time, people did. 50 years ago, my cousin could never have married the man she loves because of the color of his skin and I would never have lived in a (relatively) nice neighborhood and had a black neighbor. Hell, in some parts of the country this still couldn't happen.

Why? Why are people such idiots?

Thinking about all of this has me fairly upset.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Then fight it, Bacon. We do not have more important quarrels in our States: the issue of race is most pressing, and foremost of all. If it boils your skin as it does for many others including myself, we must devise a way to compromise these things - compromise, being most important, and full equality coming naturally, and of course, with force, but not physical in any manner (it should never come down to touching anything but another's mind).

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The future isn't looking so bad after all.

Hehehe ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    If it boils your skin as it does for many others including myself, we must devise a way to compromise these things - compromise, being most important, and full equality coming naturally, and of course, with force, but not physical in any manner (it should never come down to touching anything but another's mind).
    Your bum is stuffed with tweed.

You also supported compromise and non-violence. Compromise on any issue, but especially ones where one side is right and the other is wrong (racial equality), is for the weak. Non-violence has never worked. Don't be so gutless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I will fking gut you, Del.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Your bum is stuffed with tweed.

You also supported compromise and non-violence. Compromise on any issue, but especially ones where one side is right and the other is wrong (racial equality), is for the weak. Non-violence has never worked. Don't be so gutless.
    Okay you want violence well I will cut you open