Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eternal Life

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I mean it depends what you mean by immortal. Like biologically immortal or like divine immortal, supernatural immortal, ROBOT IMMORTAL?! And also if it means they can't be killed. Like "immortal" as in they never die of old age, but they can still be killed.

Kinda like immortal of eternal youth or something.(one that can be killed)

Edit: well I guess the type that can't be killed of immortal is good as well.
    Last edited by ram; 11-07-2011 at 03:21 AM.

If you were immortal, you'd have lots of options.

A) Try to kill all other immortals

SPOILER! :
    There can be only one!

or

B) Try to save the world and work along side the good Doc

SPOILER! :
    He'll do ANYTHING

or

C) Become obsessed with something in particular and continuously strive to achieve it (have no examples of this.)

or

D) Make yourself out to be a god and have all others worship you.

Or

E) Kill everyone just because...you never die?

SPOILER! :

Or star in any infomercial at all to do with the golden oldies

SPOILER! :

He's barely aged!!! He's gotta be immortal!
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 11-07-2011 at 04:01 AM. Reason: forgot a spoiler tag
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Or, you know. There's this kind of immortal.

Although she was only useful just because there's bad guys with powers too. Otherwise it'd be incredibly boring.

5 reasons immortality would be worse than death curtesy of cracked.com. enjoy

In Emanon (a manga) the character is not immortal per se, but his memory and personality is. She have a memory of everything she have lived, but every time she has her first daughter, is the daughter the one that keep the memories, and the mother don't. So Emanon is always the daughter, ones she have a daughter she stop being Emanon and her daughter takes her place.

The freaky part is that she have memories from the cellular moments (when everything was bacterias and cells).

Watch Baccano :P

^this.

also, i like the type of immortality where you can just finish whatever you like and then take your life...:P

anyway, my main manga story relates a bit to immortality so i've given it some thought before and i came to the conclusion that getting old doesn't necessarily mean that your personality changes and you begin to become wiser/weirder just because of aging. personality and way of thinking changes with the amount of stuff a person has learned in his life, for example a 15 year old that's gone through hard things like war, dictatorship and unfairness might have a much more open and wiser personality than a cranky 90 year old who's been working in an office all his life (this might be familiar for some people who look at others their age and feel like they are pretty naive compared to themselves).
    so my point about this is that you shouldn't focus on the number of days the character has lived, think about what he has gone through in his life and base his personality on that instead.