Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 264

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

  1. #121
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    Two of the shadowy things drifted towards Titian, reaching out to grasp him with their life-sapping touch. one succeeded, although Titian managed to dodge the other.

    The northern Shadow reached out and touched Lucia, sapping her of strength, while the other cackling apparitions drifted ominously towards Mishkala.

    You are still surrounded by cackling.

    SPOILER! :

    Titian takes 1 point of Strength damage!
    Lucia takes 3 points of Strength damage!

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  2. #122
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    Mishkala realized that Lucy and Lucia were much too close to being surrounded, and tried to assist by moving directly at the two shadows approaching to the west. Eyes closed, she shrieked and simply swung her clawed arm outward, completely uncertain if the infernal nature of it would allow the attack to connect or not...

    SPOILER! :
    Claw attack on the one directly west;
    1d20+8=28
    (Crit?)
    1d20+8=18
    (Nope.)

    Damage roll;
    1d3+6=7
    (7 HP damage.)




    Gouging out a small chunk of the shadow and carrying it away like embers, Mish's unholy hand did a bit of damage, but not much.
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-10-2012 at 11:31 PM.

  3. #123
    Lucia fired off another beam of light, destroying the shadow in front of her.

    SPOILER! :
    Searing light: url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3602785/]10d6=39[/url]

  4. #124
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,348
    Lucy moved around Lucia, judged the angle between her and two Shadows, and fired off another freezing ray. To her complete lack of surprise, both shadows exploded.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  5. #125
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,055
    The two remaining Shadows tried to grasp at Mishka but failed, the Drider being too quick on her feet for them.

    You are still surrounded by cackling.

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  6. #126
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,348
    Lucy glared across the area at Mishka. The drider was directly between her and the remaining shadows.

    By the Saint, move out the way!

    Lucy delays turn until after Mishka's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  7. #127
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    Still frantically lashing out again and again with her demonic claw, Mishkala heard Lucy loud and clear, but was too paniced by the entire situation to jump away immediately. Through her facualties were still vaguely about her, all eight legs were a shambling mess.

    SPOILER! :
    Claw attack on the one directly North;
    1d20+8=21

    Damage inflicted;
    1d3+6=7

    She managed to gouge out another small peice, and the shadow shreiked in severe annoyance, yet it still did not hold the killing blow the drider so desperately desired.

    In full hysteria now, Mishka then just simply shambled and dragged herself out of the way as fast as she could, bearing the brunt of her enemies' strikes and simply praying it would be over as quickly as possible...

    SPOILER! :
    Shadows both get attacks of opertunity;
    1d20+3=19, 1d20+3=9

    It was only by a hair's bredth, but somehow, the fearful woman-thing just about managed to stumble out of harm's way unscathed.

    SPOILER! :

  8. #128
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,348
    Lucy blasted two of the remaining shadows with a withering bolt of cold, utterly destroying them. It would have been a lot easier if the incompetent Drider hadn't been there in the first place, but at least she'd obeyed.

    Thank you. Please try not to get between me and my targets in future.



    SPOILER! :
    Energy Bolt (Cold, Augmented 3): 8d6+8=32
    PP: 105/128
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  9. #129
    Lucia blasted the last shadow apart then recovered the torch, guess they could head on back now.

    The cackling fades away.
    Last edited by Kodos; 10-20-2012 at 04:37 PM.

  10. #130
    Super Senior Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,977
    The continued march back towards Abigail's abode was cold and unrelenting.

    Every once and a while an abominable ball of wiry black limbs would creep up at the corner of Titian's vision, but then disappear back into the night the minute he turned his head. He could tell it was Mishkala by the soft, worried little murmurs she emanated, but her tangled footsteps were absolutely silent and impossible to track. Sometimes she even managed to sneak right up to his side, close enough to whisper in his ear, before suddenly vanishing again. The brain was designed to pick out human shapes, not... that...

    If she wanted to ask him about something, or if she wanted to peel the flesh from his bones, it was unclear. All that could be said for certain is that it's fuss increased in pitch and urgency the longer he left it alone...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •