Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "I want to help you because I want to help you." The Angel shrugged. "I don't need a reason to want to do nice thins for people. I'm an Angel. It's what I am, and it's also who I am. I care because I choose to care?" Another shrug.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Mishkala just sighed again and gazed into the ground for a moment. Is was less that the spidery thing was continuing to detrust the strange being before her, and more that she simply didn't understand how anyone or anything could think like that. Not without getting murdered in ten minutes by the kind of creatures that she had spend the most part of her life serving.

A quick glance at Titian, and then Lucia.

There was still something she could ask, even if she felt pitiful asking.

"...T-Tania... is there..." She leant in close, and cupped a hand to her ear. "...Is there... Any way to... c-cur-..."

"..."

"...I'll do anything that is asked of me... Well, I can try, just if... just if..."

"...Can... Can anyone actually fix me?... Is it even possible?..."

"You two, be loves and stand guard for a sec, 'kay?" Tania took Mishka's hand - the non-Demon one, of course - and walked her off to the side, out of ear-shot of the others.

"First of all, no one can 'fix' you. You're not broken. You're not a thing, Mishkala, you're a person. A person who did some terrible things, and who truly deserved punishment, but who is being in a way that no one - no one - deserves. What has been done to you is an obscenity, but it does not define you, love." She gestured towards Mishkala's spidery bits. "We're more than the sum of our bits."

"As for whether it can be undone?" She shrugged and sighed. "I'm sorry, Mishkala. My specialty is helping people in mundane ways. And hitting things with a sword. That's on fire." She gave a smile. "Sorry. Humor helps I think? But look, I don't know. I'm not a Wizard I'm not even a Cleric, really. The specifics how how what was done to you was done, and how one might undo it, if such a thing is possible, are beyond my understanding. Just because I'm gorgeous, strong, fast, and generally a sexy badass doesn't mean I'm a genius too." She gave a laugh. "No one's perfect."

"But I do know this, Mishkala. I've been 'round the Great Wheel a few times. Mostly the Material Planes, Sigil, and the Upper Planes, but still. I've been 'round." She gave a slight snort as she noticed the unintentional double entendre. "You know what I mean. And, look, point is this, love; the multiverse is vast and infinite. In my experiences anything is possible. In Sigil, the Lady of Pain killed a god once, you know. Well, probably. I mean, it's not really very clear. Still. That's not an answer, though... sorry? I think what was done to you can be undone, Mishkala, yes. I think that. I don't know know it, nor do I have any idea how, but I've seen belief alone do some crazy shit, so, uhh, yeah?"

She took Mishkala's face in her hands and kissed the girl on the forehead. "But, look, you're still you. Not the same you, I hope, that made the terrible series of choices that led to this being done to you, but still you. You're not anyone's thing to break. Whatever the Drow and Lolth did to you, they only did to your body. The fact you're here, lucid, and talking to me shows that. You're tough. Be tough." She shrugged.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Bundling it's shoulders together, the baroque doll-thing just accepted the kiss and basked in the unnatural warm feeling it brought. She held her hands out before her, but didn't touch the angel now, as if not wanting to cause further damage with her claw.

It opened it's mouth to say something, but words did not come out. Tears built in her eyes, but never quite overflowed.

Truth was, it hurt. Her body was writhing, her heart was beating far too fast, and a pit settled into her stomach like molten lead. Being examined like this... Being judged like this... no possibility of escape... no way to sass her way out, or make the other person feel bad about themselves to deflect the attention... It was like being that interestingly grotesque insect pinned to a cork board.

"It's... It's...." Her voice rasped, strained. "It's the way it should be, okay?... I don't even know who I am anymore, but... the dreams... I... my body, it... I could never..."

"Abby needs me. And in return, she makes me a person. The way I act when she's not around... When other people are in danger, I..."

"...You're wrong... I'm not the person I was, but... I'm not really anything, now... "

"You're always something, hon. Everyone is someone - even if that someone is a terrible person. Maybe you were, in the past, since I can't very well imagine a Drow priestess making it very far without being one, but you certainly seem like a charming enough person now." Tania shrugged and gave a little smile.

I don't know who Abby is, but she doesn't make you a person. The fact you're a person makes you a person, dummy."

"...The fact... that I'm a... per...." The drider just repeated the words under her breath, watching her small, fragile Drow hand tremble.

And when there is none of me left, what then?

Tears ran down her face. She hastily looked back down into the dirt, but the hand wasn't enough to cover them.

"...P-please, just... leave me be. I... I can't... I just can't think about it... it won't harm anyone... if... if I just..."

Her claw convulsed sporadically, eager to move up to her face, but held away. As far away as it could be. Not far enough. That was the problem with wanting to run away and forget about things physically attached to you.

"...Looking over her shoulder, peering around the walls... that's... that's good enough... I can... I can live with that..."

Tania pushed away and gave a sigh. "Honey, I won't force the issue. You're a person. I can't and wont pretend to know what it is like to have suffered as you have, but that's just it, Mishkala. That was in the past. I know it's hard, and I know it's tough, but you're a person and you have to move on. People are strong. You can do it. You shouldn't let things which were done to you define you. You define you." Tania gave a shrug before she cocked her head towards Titian and, her voice playfully annoyed, added towards him "thanks for backing me up on this one, handsome." She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Look, is there anything else I can do for you three? Anything at all? I'm here to help." The Angel gave an earnest smile and stretched.

With a new burst of willpower, Mishkala shook the depressing thoughts from her head, and gave Tania a renewed fearsome gaze. "We don't need charity." You could take the grey skin off the drow, but you couldn't take away the drow.

"...Just leave us alone..."

A moment of silence, and a look of guilt slowly seeping in.

"And... And, keep an eye on Abigail, please.... if you can do that sort of thing..."

"I can do all sorts of things," Tania smiled, flexing one of her biceps and laughing, "but I 'unno, who's Abigail?"

Mishkala just opened her mouth to say something, let out a disapproving grunt, and then went back to grimacing. Her face said it all, really; "Some angel."

"Sorry, but I have no reason to trust you." She didn't quite sound haughty, more like furiously defensive. "If all you are offering is to beat up monsters for us, for free, then even less so. This is Umbralume. Things like that do not happen here."

"So, please, just leave us alone."