Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Mishkala managed to salvage 275gp in various coins from the Zombies and then they were off.

The trip had thus far, since the 'incident' at the farmhouse, been uneventful. A few undead critters and a few zombies numbering a handful at a time, at most, but thankfully nothing genuinely threatening to a group of their size and skill.

So far.

They heard her before they could see her, the sound of large wings flapping. The first thing they could see was her flaming greatsword, well, flaming, before she came into Mishkala's visual range and then, eventually, into the range of the torchlight, before landing in front of the group.

She was apparently Human, but stunningly, supernaturally, beautiful. Her skin was dark, a shade of brown - not dark like one of the Drow - and as such instantly marked her to Mishkala as either something expressly non-Human and/or something from another plane. She had a shapely body with a sizable chest and quite the rear, the silhouette of her *very* ample bottom quite clear even in her long dress. She had a gorgeous face, too, with golden eyes and all framed by long, straight, black hair. Although apparently an outsider, she dressed for the setting, with black lipstick, a red lace corset, and a long, high-slit, skirt. Curiously she was barefoot.
    Oh, and she had a pair of long, white, feathery wings.

Was she an Angel? Certainly looked like an Angel, but so did Erinyes. And so did Succubi when they wanted to.

She held her greatsword at the ready, but hadn't attacked. Yet. "Don't usually get Humans out here." She said calmly, a hint of excitement in her alluring and musical voice. "Especially not traveling with Drider. And especially not a Drider that, insofar as I can tell, is neither mental nor monstrous." Well that was good, she didn't think they were evil! "Of course," she went on, "there are magics that could fool even us Angels. Even a badass one like me." She gave a slight laugh at the last statement. "Mind explaining yourself, cutie? 'Cause, like, I've been 'round the planes, seen lots of weird stuff, and this is definitely up there, y'know?"
    Last edited by Kodos; 06-30-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Mish shuddered in terror the second she heard the gusting wings. Instantly, she darted into cover half way up a nearby pine tree, but it was too small to do much good. Damn the barren planes. Damn the moonlight. She would have cast a darkness spell, but it would have meant certain death for the other two. Damn her humanity.

Hoping to the abyss that the thing had not seen her properly, Mishkala just clung tight, closed her eyes, and slowly merged into a trembling transparent mass.

If it was a Succubus, it probally intended to tear them limb from limb. If it was a Angel, then it probally still intended to tear her limb from limb. There were no good options, as far as she could see.

She missed Abigail.

"Are you an Angel, yes or no?" Lucia drew a couple daggers and prepared for the worst.

The Angel(?) gave a soft musical, laugh before turning around a bit and looking at her wings, then over at her flaming sword, then giggling a bit. "Uhhh, I mean, you can't tell?" She asked Lucia. "Of course I'm an Angel, honey. Well, a Movanic Deva, if we want to be particular. It's a sort of Angel. My name's Tania, I'm from Elysium although until I came here I was living in Sigil." She shrugged. "Wanna tell me what's up? Like, you know, why two paranoid Humans are travelling alone in the middle of the forest? With, you know, a Drider?" Her voice took on an even more concerned tone. "If she hurt you, it's okay. I'm here to help. Don't be afraid. You don't have to be." She then added, loudly. "An invisible Drider, that is. I know you're there so you might as well come out! I'm not going to hurt you unless I have to!"
    She sounded sincere on all counts.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

A cloud of dust suddenly plumed from a nearby tree. The slender footsteps were on the very edge of hearing, and no actual body could be made out; But whatever it was, it was panicked enough to make several large knocks and thuds in it's frantic dash away from the angel.

More crackling magic noises could be heard.

Saying that the slinky Drider was determined not to be seen at all costs was a serious understatement.

Tania clearly heard Mishkala stumbling over herself - it was hard not to when Mishkala probably weighed about as much as a horse and was all limbs tripping over herself.

Slowly she lowered her sword, apparently taking everything in. "Hello? Drider-girl? I'm not going to hurt you unless you force me to. You don't have to hide. I'm here to help. It's what I do. Judging by the fact your travelling buddies don't seem dominated, and by the fact they seem in good health, I'm guessing you're, you know, sane. Would you please come out? I'd love to talk to you." She rested her greatsword by her side and her voice took on an even more sincere and caring tone. "Look, you're a Drider. I know that means odds are you were a priestess, and that means you're smart. I'm not here to punish you for whatever you did before Lolth changed you. And I am not an Erinyes, and my simple saying so proves it. And if you think I'm a Succubus, well, I don't think a Succubus would be able to control herself around your handsome friend, here." She said with a laugh, giving Titian a wink that was half-flirting, half-playing around. Although, given how utterly gorgeous the Angel was, Titian no doubt probably paid more attention to the flirty part.

Titian held his handy haversack to his chest in case he needed to use it as some sort of shield. One of his hands slipped inside it's flap. "Mishkala's our- uh- companion!" He squeaked. "She's not dangerous! N-not really.." Inside the bag, he gripped a bomb strong enough to blow everything up in a 30 foot radius. "N-none of us are!"

Several gusting seconds passed, before Titian felt a soft set of fingers wrap around from behind his waist and caress his cheek. At first it was an ethereal, ghostly presence, but it soon blurred into a more recognisable stone-grey hand. Her claw was already inside his bag, resting weightlessly upon his own hand.

"...Erinyes do not lie... And Succubus are not know for going after creatures lacking... well..." Mishka whispered resoundingly. It was still timid, but she was making sure the enigmatic thing could hear her. That, and despite apparently trying to save him from himself, the lithe bundle of limbs was doing a pretty good job of also using Titian as a human shield. "...Which means... she is an Angel... And therefore almost definitely here to kill an unholy beast... like.... Well, me, not you two..."

Tania sheathed her greatsword and smiled warmly at Mishkala. "There, see? You trust me, I trust you. And I'm not here to slay anything. Well, I mean, I came here - to Umbralume that is - to help out you Humans however I could. Sigil got boring, y'know? And, yeah, that seems to involve a lot of destroying Undead, but, you know, there's more to being a badass righteous Angel then just punishing the wicked." She gave Mishkala a smile. "There's also protecting and helping the innocent.
    I'm here - like right here - because I saw a Drider traveling with some Humans, which was odd enough, then not only is she lucid, but also rocking a pair of wings and an arm clearly taken off some sorta Fiend. Glabrezu?" She shrugged before extending a hand towards the shaken Drider.
    "I don't want to hurt you. I didn't detect any monsters around here when I was flying overhead, so I think we're in the clear for while. Why don't we have a talk, hm? I can keep a secret."

"Trust is a strong word." Mishkala replied, leaving the Angel's hand hanging in the air. She sounder bitter. "I know what those with power are capable of... and to jump planes... you certainly seem to have no shortage..."

The Drider seemed to take a minute to consider her options, glaring unflinchingly. Annoyance always made her bear her fangs unintentionally. The weariness in her eyes also spoke tales of just wanting to get home, back to Abigail. She would much rather still run away, given the slightest opportunity.

"...What do... you even want from me?... I don't have any faith left to give. I don't want to fight." It clenched tightly onto Titian's overcoat, but hid the emotions that brooded in her voice behind a hoarse whisper. "I'm just here because Abby needed something. And if it was not for these two dirty humans... I... Well, I would have failed that, too..."
    Last edited by Regantor; 07-12-2013 at 10:57 PM.