Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

"What good could possibly come from those notes?" Lucia gave Abby a deathglare.
    "I'm not bringing you potentially dangerous research on the off chance it might do some good."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Abigail shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't seen them. But the estate wasn't just home to necromancers. I already told you that. There were some brilliant stitchers there, too. That's what I want. I have no interest in whatever unholy work the necromancers were up to, nor could I even use them if I wanted." She gave Lucia a glare back. "And I do not like what you are insinuating. I do not know how things are done in Valahia, but I do not believe it is polite to accuse friends of being insane necromancers. I intend to burn the notes of the necromancers, and frankly would prefer you did not even bring such things into my home. I am only interested in whatever the stitchers there were up to."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"You are asking for notes from a place that was full of insane necromancers, and you enjoy stitching dead people together. What am I supposed to think?" Lucia gave an annoyed groan.
    "I will go, but if I don't like the notes I am burning them."

"...Ignoring the outbreak and pretending it didn't happen isn't going to make it go away. It isn't going to turn back time." The Drider answered sheepishly, ducking downwards slightly so it could at least grasp a little bit of the shade. She wasn't looking at Lucia, but her tone of voice suggested that's who she was talking to. "All the knowlage and the tools are just sitting there, waiting for somebody to come and pick them up. So they might as well be put to a good use, by us finding out what they did and why. Abigail is right."

"Priests are all the same."

"They were an insane group who doomed thousands of people because they were insane. You can't fix what they did, unless you feel like going to Arthdref and slaying the zombies." Lucia got up and headed for the door, but stopped for a second.
    "And I'm not a preist you idiot."

"You smash things up for the sake of a big invisible floaty being who supposedly speaks only to you. That sounds close enough to me, Cleric. So demagogue, person of the cloth, whatever... They are all the same." The Drider scowled, loosing her indifference in a way that only Lucia seemed to be able to provoke. "It's not like I'm the one who has been calling people a monster."

"Th-the notes themselves aren't dangerous.. And.. And wouldn't it be better to know they are here?? Than in the hands of some strangers, I mean.." Titian stopped for a moment because he realized he was talking in favor of going to zombie town. "Uh- Ah- Er.. I still don't know how suicidal I'm feeling today, though.."

Mishkala was... Not in her seat?... Underneath the table?... Behind Titian?

A slender Drow arm wrapped around his head slowly but solidly, whist her lips planted a kiss directly onto the left side of his head. Best not to think of what the other multitude of limbs were doing. Damn, did she move silently. It was as if the dust she unsettled weighed more.

"Thank you darling, for speaking up... You're so brave..."

Ah, this was 'protecting him from the other women', then.

"You know Abigal only wants what it best."
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-13-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

True Night of the Living Dead

And so the group was off, Titian with a big hug from Abigail, and Mishkala, of course, with a deep and passionate kiss.

During the second True Night the trio had taken refuge in an abandoned but intact farmhouse.

Several hours before moonrise, while Mishka was on watch and the other two asleep, Mishka was able to see, thanks to her Darkvision, Zombies approaching the house.

Lots of Zombies.
    Like, dozens of zombies.
    Like, at least 50 of the Undead things.
    And she could hear the moaning of even more.

Well, fuck.

You have one round to prepare before the horde is upon the house. The red line is the door, the blue lines are shuttered windows. The brown lines are cabinets or other bits of furniture you can use to brace the door or block the windows. These will slow the Zombies down, but not stop them.
    It is a DC15 strength check for you guys to shove the furniture in front of the door or windows. Moving while pushing them counts double. So you could only push something 15 feet.
    Titian and Lucia were sleeping so after Mishky wakes them the fuck up, it's a move action for them to get up from prone.
    Lucia does not have all her spells because it's assumed some were used in minor encounters with straggler Zombie Wolves or other such minor non-threatening creatures during the 'day.'
    I am not including the entire surroundings of the house because
    1) I think it's more fun to have you guys holding out inside.
    2) You can't leave the house because Shadows will swarm and murder you. True Night.
    Mishkala goes first, then Lucia and Titian in whichever order they post. At least for this 'surprise' round. After that the order is:
    Players in whatever order they post
    Zombie Horde
    For the sake of clarity - there is a finite amount of Zombies. I imagine one day I will throw at you a "survive X turns from wave after wave of endless Zombies" but this is no such encounter. The encounter ends when you have killed all the Zommies.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. As a move action you can brace the door. But shoving furniture in front of it, obviously, is stronger. But you can do both. It's strength based, mind, so having the stronger person do it, if you do, is best.

Also remember that you need to be indoors to be safe from Shadows. So luring all the zombies inside and torching or blowing up the place isn't an option.
    Last edited by Kodos; 01-22-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Mishkala stuttered and chirped, grasping at air infront of her, but was completely unable to make out any words. The panic was too much.

Instead, the screech of her trying to haphazardly drag one of the shelves across the floorboards stood in for a wake-up call.

I went through all the effort of making a Mishy icon the first time I made this map... and then the file didn't save correctly. -_-

Strength Test;

1d20+6=23