Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    "Reasonable? Reasonable!? I'm dead you right stupid bitch! I'm dead and stuck here! You can't imagine what it's like! Every second is agony! You have no idea how hard it is right now just talking to you idiots! Bury me already! Set things right!" The ghost was screaming at the top of its lung-analogues no. "Hurry the fuck up!"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Lucia went and threw the body over her shoulders. The idiot crew she was with obviously couldn't handle burying a dead guy.
    "Do you want to help pick a nice spot or should I just throw you in the nearest ditch?"

"Why don't you get me to a proper graveyard first before you start getting catty you bothersome twit!" The ghost began following Lucia. "Oi! Careful with my body! It needs to be buried in one piece! And you, spidergirl! Abigail can have anything of mine she wants. I have no fucking use for it anymore. I'm dead. In case you haven't noticed."

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

"...I-I thought you m-m-might have a... c-c-coffin b-because..." Mishkala tried to correct herself whilst being yelled at by the deathly thing, nerves in tatters. "...all of t-the... d-d-d-dead..."

Finally, her meddle just completely broke, and the drider bolted underneath the overloaded desk in panic. To her credit, she actually squashed in well, and left only a gleaming pair of red eyes peeping out from the shade.

Only after they had exited the room completely did she nervously poke her head out again, then rapidly begin to gather up every book and usefull-looking peice of parchment she could find, all the while muttering and whimpering under her breath.

I'm skipping the Zombie fights, because hordes of Zombies by themselves are literally just time wasters for characters of your level. They're only challenging for you when coupled with other monsters or in cramped places. And outdoors in a town have neither. I'll give you some fun random encounters on the way back, methinks.

The trip to the graveyard was full of zombie smashing and lots of complaining from Mr. Burnside, but otherwise uneventful.

Perhaps amusingly, unlike most graveyards in Umbralume, there weren't very many Undead in this one. They all probably left to eat the villagers.

"Well! Get on with it! Bury me! You, priestess, get on with it! I want to fucking die already."

"Be quiet you ungrateful old man." Lucia threw the body down and pointed out a little spot for Mishka to dig.
    "Monster, dig a hole."

"...I... I don't have a shovel..." Mishka replied meekly. It seemed as if she was still trying to give sass, but with her nerves completely in tatters by now, any element of a brave face was lost.

A few seconds latter, she simply grabbed dislodged plank from a nearby decaying fence, and used that to begin digging instead. It was not exactly effective, least of all because the woman-thing hadn't had the initiative to dig a hole since she was a child.

The work was exerted, at least, but it was hard to tell if she was still trying to befriend them, or if the drider was simply afraid of being left alone out there in the middle of nowhere.

After an hour of fighting zombies and digging, Burnside's grave was dug and ready.
    Lucia said a prayer and dumped the grumpy old man's body in the hole.

Lucy had stood to one side and let Mishka do the heavy work for the past hour. She'd also retrieved a book apparently entitled The Bumper Fun Book of Demonology from her bag, and sat on a nearby gravestone reading it. If there was one thing to be said about having light shine out of your eyes, it made reading in the dark a lot easier. When she saw that the crime against nature had finished digging, she stuffed the book inside her cloak and walked over to inspect the grave. She didn't bother to acknowledge Mishka, although the thing was obviously exhausted by now.

"Can't you remember any proper burial rites, Lucia?" said the voice enamating from behind Lucy's head. "Lord Burnside will be thrilled, I'm sure, to discover his corpse underground and his spirit stuck here."

She half-heartedly threw a handful of dirt onto Burnside's body and attempted to remember the correct rites.

SPOILER! :
    Knowledge (Religion): 1d20+15=20
    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

You are surrounded by incessant cackling.

The prayer and burial seemed to 'take' since the ghost of Mr. Burnside said only two words as he began to fade - "Thank you." But it was the most heartfelt, joyous, and sincere two words anyone in the group had ever heard.

Grumpy ghost: Gone.
    Burnside's Papers: Get.

Time to head back to Abigail.

Despite the groups best efforts, the burial had taken too long, and they found themselves exposed and out in the wilderness during True Night*

The group could see shadows moving on the edges of the scant light their torches provides. At first they convinced themselves it was nothing. Then it kept happening. And Mishka, in spite of her Darkvision, could see nothing that could be providing the shadows.

Then the laughter started.

You are surrounded by incessant cackling.

INITIATIVE
    Lucia (11)
    Lucy (10)
    Titian (4)
    Mshka (?)
    I can't find Mishka's sheet. Reg, roll when you ar eonline and send me her sheet. Assume she delays her turn this round anyway.
    Map coming later tonight.
    *In case you forgot, True Night is the time of 'day' in Umbralume when the moon is not overhead and it is literally and utterly pitch black.