Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 264

Thread: Respite (Umbralume)

  1. #111
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,337
    Out of turn order, but since knowledge checks and talking are instant...

    Lucy remembered reading about something like this. It had interested her enough to conjure up apparent copies of the creatures and see how the servants reacted to them; they had reacted with complete terror, and she'd only been able to keep them in place by reminding them of the debts they owed her family. She could see why now.

    They're shadows. Undead things, like ghosts but worse. For the Saint's sake, don't let them touch you.

    SPOILER! :
    Knowledge (Religion) Check to identify: 1d20+15=30
    Knowledge (Religion) Check for knowledge: 1d20+15=20
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  2. #112
    "Ignore them, you can't really fight these things in the dark."
    Lucia prepared a holy symbol, just incase they got too close, and kept walking.
    SPOILER! :
    Lucia prepares an action.

  3. #113
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,337
    They're going to come at us anyway. If we don't get rid of these ones, they'll just invite others along to taste our corpses.

    Lucy focused on Lucia's torch and let her anger, always somewhere under the surface, bubble up and fill her mind. stupid common bitch deserves to get burned like that freak of nature and the idiot alchemist and my father and his holier-than-thou priest they can all just B̛̎̀̐́̇̌҉̺͚͚͖̹̺̲̠͞U̟̱͚͕̯̔́̔ͩͭ̏͛͘R̳̟̼͎͗̑̓N͖͎̹̒͂ͪͭ͘͠ ͅ

    The tip of Lucia's torch exploded into a pillar of flame as tall as a person. At least they could see the shadows now.

    SPOILER! :
    Control Flame (Augmented 3, tiny to medium) - the end of Lucia's torch is blazing about as brightly as a forge.
    121/128PP remains
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  4. #114
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    The frail arachnid-thing was still exhausted from digging, and had wrapped herself up within her crimson wings to avoid the biting cold of the true night. There weren't many other words for it; She was cowering. Even before Lucy had invigorated the torch, something had been moving before her inhuman eyes. Something which terrified her, but held her unable to look away.

    Mishka gripped her formerly lost arm tightly at the shoulder as if petrified of having it removed once more. "...I don't w.... w-why can't we jus...." The voice was a lost, shallow thing. "...Abigial... help me...."

    "...There are e-eight... eight shadows... n-n-no bodies..."

  5. #115
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Z'ha'dum
    Posts
    5,506
    Titian reached into his pack and pulled out a stoppered flask. Instead of throwing it this time, he pulled out the cork with his teeth, spat that out, and chugged the liquid inside. "Ah.. it-its not working??" As he spoke, smoke started puffing out of his mouth. "Oh gods..." He seemed like he was about to throw up, "Uhhg.. it is working!!" More smoke rolled out of his mouth when he opened it.

    SPOILER! :
    consumes elixir of fire breath

  6. #116
    Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,897
    So that was technically a surprise round. The Shadows were caught off guard since most people aren't able to do that. Now is the actual combat round. The Shadows rolled 8 so here is the new initiative.
    Lucia (11)
    Lucy (10)
    Shadows (8)
    Titian (4)
    Mshka (?)
    I can't find Mishka's sheet and can't find in the conversation log where you told me her init Reg. But given that she's the light source at the moment, she's probably going to want to wait for the others to move first I imagine.
    The little L is Lucy.
    The range of visibility is a 60 foot circle radiating from Mishka's torch. I'd rule that it is bright enough that as long as Mishka is holding the torch she takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls and to AC and to anything else that relies on sight. She is strong enough that she could shove it in the ground without risk of it tipping over and starting a fire, and the Shadows themselves have no means to move physical objects.

    SPOILER! :

    Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

  7. #117
    "Fuck!"
    Lucia stabbed the torch into the soil, held up a hand and blasted a beam of brilliant light towards a shadow, destroying it.
    Weirdo could have warned her.

    SPOILER! :
    Searing Light: 10d6=47

    Kodos had a Brainfart, Lucia is holding the embiggened torch not Mshka

  8. #118
    One Thousand Member Regantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,912
    Mishkala quaked and trembled, sticking low to the dirt and muttering to herself pathetically. She knew what the apparitions were. If her high-level education hadn't taught her that, Abigal certainly did... But that still didn't mean that she had any way of harming them. Physical attacks would not work, even using her infernal arm. Using her innate magic to try and put them to sleep was equally useless against members of the undead. There was nothing on her back but her rapier and some lockpicks.

    "...Y-y-you gotta use magic... t-to h-harm them..." The scraggily thing sputtered out, completely unsure of her acquaintances' experience on the matter, but desperate not to appear entirely useless. "...Trees... No g-good... They can f-f-fly and..."

    Forcing herself to lumber slightly forward, she cringed and cast a weak glowing ray upon one group ahead, causing a hazy candle-like glow to hang over the place where a sane creature's body would have been. Not harmful, but perhaps a deterrent at least?...

    SPOILER! :
    (I rolled a 26 for initiative, so I'll just go now.)

    Mishkala cast Faerie Fire on the two shadows that are now colored orange. Basically this just stops them from hiding or using concealment. Probably reduces night fighting penalties for the others, aswell?


  9. #119
    Super Senior Member Delphinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,337
    Oh, Saint help me...

    Lucy moved towards Lucia with an unexpected turn of speed. Maybe someone with some sort of physical prowess would be more helpful as a human shield, if it came to that, than the other frailer members of the group.

    She did some quick calculations in her head. If their energy fields are mostly negative energy, then they ought to be destroyed or neutralised by a decent amount of non-negative energy. I can produce varying amounts of energy, but the largely random difference between the amount I assign to each attack and the amount delivered to the Shadow means that I need to put around twice as much energy in as is strictly required to overload their energy fields. While neither the amount I put in nor the amount to destroy them is strictly quantifiable, I can make a rough estimate based on their approximate size and my subjective experience of my energy output.

    Of course, the group didn't see that; all they saw was Lucy slowly raise her right hand and blast one of the shadows nearest her with a ray of pale blue light, destroying it instantly.

    SPOILER! :
    Energy Bolt (Cold, Augmented 3): 8d6+8=44
    113/128pp remains


    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-27-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

  10. #120
    Fifty Fifty Member Evil_Cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Z'ha'dum
    Posts
    5,506
    Titian barfed a burst of flame out of his mouth, which flew towards one of the shadows. The shadow got smacked in the... well it got smacked in it's shadowyness.

    SPOILER! :
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3588850/ damage roll = 18
    shadow reflex save http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3587188/ 10 (needs 13)

    bottom left shadow has 18 hp left
    Last edited by Evil_Cake; 06-30-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •