Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Obituary

Just a question to those who say the head is far too big

does this looks weird to you guys?
    SPOILER! :

I know this character is much smaller on height but I can show more example if you like

actually I think it's just the width of the face on Obitual Crows drawing

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I think the problem is that the body dramatically changes proportion, starting at the torso. If you look at the hips, they are very shrunk compared to the shoulders, and tiny proportions carry out from there down. I think you'll be fine if you make the legs wider and longer.

I like the linework and movement of the hair so far, though. And yeah, I don't think the head is too big.

Hi crow its been awhile ! Good to see you again on here and your stuff is awesome as usual xD.

I'm one of those people who can't critique anyone better than me, so I'll just sit the head size argument out. Nice to see you back at any rate, OC.

On a side note, Ram, where do you keep pulling those pages from? Is there a download link for the book anywhere?

I'll message ya, >_> Rio might kill me if I post it here lol.

It looks stylized but p ok imo

Didn't expect there would be a healthy argument on head size style variation D:

I'd agree that her right arm is in a weird position...I'm thinking of adjusting the elbow and shoulder a bit higher
    I also agree with what CF mentioned about the lower body...it's easy to tweak that to make it a bit wider so I'll fix it

also concerning proportions and other things brought up. I was aiming to make her child-like/young and it's a general trick to make the head a bit larger than usual for young characters and to couple that with a thin undeveloped body
    http://www.ferricorp.com/gallery/62/...oizi-Gallery/1
    Though I'd say the head size I used is still normal/common style used in anime nowadays and is accepted under moe classification.

The picture ram linked is much of the fantasy SD type of character...not necessarily moe but still classified as cute

I actually got tempted to adjust the body to a regular 7head scale proportion when I was doing this but that would make her look old

Young characters are not my forte if you're familiar with what I usually draw D:

~~~~~
    Off topic
    ~~~~~
    Gedeon
    Legendary crow? Who's spreading those rumors? D:

ram
    Saimoe? Legendary moe artist? I don't think I've gotten close to Mok or Faust -level to be called legendary...I'm just someone who does clean linearts
    Well it really depends on what you refer to as guidelines. I doodle first and then lineart. I fix everything while I'm linearting them. So if you would call a doodle a guideline, then that means I use guidelines D:
    Well I don't have the patience to use rulers and lining instruments so the figures/sketches I draw are not precise...using tools makes me feel restricted and I think it really shows in the work. I want my stuff to look organic so I don't used guides.

Hamachi and indescribable
    Somehow I delight on the fact that I'm confusing people on my gender...I use that to prevent people from judging my work afterall D:

GunZet
    I'm really busy so I only appear when I have time to spare and then disappear D: Thanks for indepth crit as usual

NWAP, Blue_Dragon, Matt
    I think I remember you. is it Ninja With A Pencil? /shot orz
    And I didn't think I could inspire people with my amateur linearts (still haven't achieved the invisible line level) O: thanks
    Seems that I haven't been gone for such a long time since a number of people still remember me :P

MiKuRu
    How come my characters are competing in saimoe? I don't remember creating them to be delinquents getting into fights without my order Dx /jk

Sylux
    Thanks, I'm really forcing it into a style. Screwing the rules is part of it.
    Last edited by Obitual_Crow; 11-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Nah, Mok and Faust are Mythic tier. You're at least Heroic tier, if not Legendary.

Colored finally
    I also fixed some points that were brought up...not exactly correct though
    I don't like how I colored this one...but there's nothing I can do after 3-4months of inactivity D:

So now it's time for me to work on saimoe entries

Hamachi
    I still do not understand this tiers you speak of D:

Damn you! Make a tutorial of how to color! share your knowledge! don't keep it to your self!!!!!!!

Or could you atleast tell me where you learn.