Page 7 of 274 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Its super easy to determine. If everyone has to use the character in order to be competitive, the character is broken. That's like the easiest thing to determine in the entire world.

Also lol at your balancing 101. Its best not to have one character be too strong! Thats cutting edge stuff fenn.
    What? It's not that easy at all. Are you saying as long as one person can win one tournament with one other character it's not broken? There's an entire gray line because no two people have the same exact skill level. The only way it would be easy is if we could find two identical individuals with the same skill level for every character, and have them play 100 rounds of every potential match-up.

And balancing 101 was to explain that, while it's foolish to complain about people USING a broken character, it's fine to complain about the existence of said character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    What? It's not that easy at all. Are you saying as long as one person can win one tournament with one other character it's not broken?
    Yeah

There's an entire gray line because no two people have the same exact skill level. The only way it would be easy is if we could find two identical individuals with the same skill level for every character, and have them play 100 rounds of every potential match-up.
    We do that. That you don't know this just exposes your inexperience on the subject. Have you ever looked at a match up chart and wondered why it was organized the way it is?

And balancing 101 was to explain that, while it's foolish to complain about people USING a broken character, it's fine to complain about the existence of said character.
    Thats not what you were implying at all but okay fenn

Fenn
    Yeah
    So has there ever been a single case of a broken character? Ever?

We do that. That you don't know this just exposes your inexperience on the subject. Have you ever looked at a match up chart and wondered why it was organized the way it is?
    I've only ever seen a few, true. I understand it is determined by tournament results, and how a 60:40 ratio means the average tourney player of that character wins 6 times out of 10 against the average tourney player of the specified opponent character. If I'm missing something correct me, but that is by no means a controlled experiment. I would find it impressive if you've managed to find an individual with completely identical skill levels in every single character of a fighting game, cloned him/her, and convinced them to battle each other 100 times with each matchup. Quite the scientific marvel.

Thats not what you were implying at all but okay fenn
    What was I implying? I'm trying to see how else my post could have been percieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    So has there ever been a single case of a broken character? Ever?
    Yeah

I would find it impressive if you've managed to find an individual with completely identical skill levels in every single character of a fighting game, cloned him/her, and convinced them to battle each other 100 times with each matchup. Quite the scientific marvel.
    You dont use the same two people and it takes like 6 years but yes this is how it works.

What was I implying? I'm trying to see how else my post could have been percieved.
    I perceived it as insulting my intelligence which is p much what I expect when I read your posts.

Fenn
    Yeah
    Okay.

You dont use the same two people and it takes like 6 years but yes this is how it works.
    Holy shit that's insane. Well if people can seriously do that, power to them. I'll shut up. (after mentioning that since there's no way of precisely quantifying skill it's still not a precise method).

I perceived it as insulting my intelligence which is p much what I expect when I read your posts.

Damn, am I really that condescending? Be honest.

Yeah

Fenn
    Why do I bother posting outside the chatterbox anymore?

Anyway,
    so for those with Skyward Sword how is it?

Worst piece of shit I have ever played

ya its worse than twilight princess

Who is this link guy I thought I was supposed to be zelda