Page 66 of 275 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Found a great build on Dungeons of Dredmor.

Dual Wielding, Swords, Vampirism, Dodging, Berserker Rage, Psionics, Assassination.

Swords/Dual Wielding/Berserker Rage/Assassination increase your melee damage output. Paired with Vampirism this means you come out of combat with more health than you started with.

Dodging stops you from dying too quickly while you level up the other skills. Psionics is just rad because it gives you a Sleep spell at level 1 and a heal spell at level 3. The sleep spell also makes you die less quickly while giving you more power; you use it to disable enemies, then move in for the kill and drain their life. Healing is good for vampires for really obvious reasons. You can probably replace Psionics and Dodging with the skills of your choice though, because the focus of the build is on maximising damage output. Using Viking Magic or something might be good, just to boost your attack power to even more obscene levels.

EDIT: In my opinion, Dodging and Psionics aren't optimal. Perception and Archeology is probably a little better; Perception ups your dps, Archeology ups your trap affinity so you don't get owned by unexpected traps.

I call this build the 'defence is for pussies' build.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 05-31-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

There's so many good releases this year! Halo 4 (Unsure if I get it or not), Prototype 2 (got it, beaten it, loved it.), Diablo 3 (Won't get but worth mentioning), The Secret World (Pre-ordered) and the next expansion of World of Warcraft: Mist of Pandaria (Will definitely get!).

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Guild Wars 2.

Having played the Perception and Archeology Vampirism build, I can confirm that it's very good. The additional chance to hit afforded by Perception raises your damage output and makes it a lot harder to die in stupid ways, despite vampirism's reputation for having just that happen. In addition, the added trap-sense from both classes makes it easier to spot traps before they take out a major chunk of your health. The only thing I'd like would be an added ability to disarm traps. You could get this by replacing Archeology with Tinkering, but Tinkering isn't my kind of skill. Maybe Big Game Hunter from the expansion would be nice.

EDIT: A summary of a couple of tasty builds so far.

Vampire Rogue: Swords, Duel Wielding, Beserker Rage, Vampirism, Perception, Assassination, Archeology

Vampire Mage (new!): Staffs, Vampirism, Astrology, Blood Mage, Ley Walker, Perception, and one other. The last one should probably be a magic school to take full advantage of Vampirism + Blood Mage. I like Psionics but really any school should work just as well, except Fleshcrafting which just doesn't work with vampires.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Delphinus; 05-31-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Figured I'd show earlier Isaac stuff, cause there's no other place I wanna put it.

I was damn near invincible during this run. Beat Mom, and Mom's heart. Made the stupid decision of choosing the ending which was the opening of the treasure chest, when I could have taken the Devil room and went deeper down to fight Satan. But I did unlock Judas.

Playing as Judas. He's tough to play as, but pretty awesome. Died fighting Mom :c
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

So close to the truth.

But so far.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    This intrigues me
    SPOILER! :
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Swords and Sworcery is trippy as all hell, but interesting. I just finished Episode 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    This intrigues me
    SPOILER! :
    What is that game? It looks interesting