Page 4 of 277 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Video Game Talk

Calling it. Next year's madden will have a storyline.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Holy crapples. How.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I hate Madden, but honestly it doesn't need to have a story or innovation. It's very much based on the real life idea of sports which is basically score as many points as possible. It's like advanced Pong.

Whereas an FPS kinda does as there is no real-life activity where you're going around shooting people with no account or reasoning behind your actions. Unless, of course, it's like an airsoft simulator or something.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I hate Madden, but honestly it doesn't need to have a story or innovation. It's very much based on the real life idea of sports which is basically score as many points as possible. It's like advanced Pong.

Whereas an FPS kinda does as there is no real-life activity where you're going around shooting people with no account or reasoning behind your actions. Unless, of course, it's like an airsoft simulator or something.
    Which is what I'm saying. The current state of the COD franchise is practically a sports/FPS hybrid, centered around player versus player competition. It doesn't need a storyline--in fact, I'd prefer the devs just dropped single player (outside of offline bots) and put full effort onto multiplayer. Or do we not have enough plot-driven single-player FPS games?

If people needed reasons to go shoot each other, paintball and airsoft would be limited to the scenario games where they originated. But they've evolved, and now paintball is essentially an alternative sport.

Thing is, CoD started out as a single player experience, and I believe it should have stayed that way. The series has sort of lot a chunk of its soul.
    That's like if UT decided to go single player only.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    CoD
    soul
    lol

Hey, it used to be quite awesome, bruh. Even though all it was about back then was WWII.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    CoD also has a single player campaign, though. Black Ops' campaign was okay, but I mean the whole Russian sleeper agent thing has been done in how many movies now?

Fenn
    Thing is, CoD started out as a single player experience, and I believe it should have stayed that way. The series has sort of lot a chunk of its soul.
    That's like if UT decided to go single player only.
    How many times can they do WWII though? You could make this argument if MW1 had just come out, but I think it's clear by now that the COD of old and the COD of now are practically different series.

I feel your pain, it's like when a band you really like starts making completely different music and you feel betrayed. But it happens. It's time to look towards a new WWII single-player experience. There's sure to be another one someday.

I'm more a Battlefield fan than CoD anyways.